LaunchBox Community Forums

Stuck at initializing process

AVissie

So I deleted all the media and videos for the games I have in Launchbox (1956 games) I then clicked on the all section, so it shows all my games, not just a specific platform and went through the media download wizard to redownload the media for my games. It has been stuck at initializing process for hours now, hasn't downloaded any media yet. is this a bug, should it take this long? 

• 10 months later...
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM DataManager.SaveInternal started.
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM Saving InputBindings.xml...
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Steam.PrepareInterfaceConsumer(Object )
2023-01-19 07:55:57 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Steam.PrepareInterfaceConsumer(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Steam.DestroyTypeIdentifier(Object asset, Object pol)
   at GetterDescriptor.MapTraversalService(String key, String reg, GetterDescriptor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Steam.GetGamesForUser(String userName, String apiKey)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.DownloadMetadataAndMediaMenuAction.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.CloneSupportedAccount()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.InterruptTypeRequest()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__274_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
2023-01-19 07:55:58 PM Saving ListCache.xml...
2023-01-19 07:55:58 PM Saving Settings.xml...
2023-01-19 07:55:58 PM DataManager.SaveInternal completed successfully.
2023-01-19 07:55:59 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2023-01-19 07:55:59 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2023-01-19 07:55:59 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed

I haven't been able to update ANY steam games with the metadata/media update for a long time. Always gets stuck on "initializing process". I've installed my steam games by using the steam url/shortcuts instead of an import process. So in the Launchbox Steam settings, there is nothing. Does that cause the metadata update to get stuck? Feels like a bug if I don't want to use the Steam media/metadata for my steam games. I'm trying to update metadata/media from the LB database, nothing is ticked for Steam metadata/media.

Do you really need to have your steam ID/key in the settings to get metadata updated?

EDIT: Confirmed. If you enter your Steam Community ID + API Key. THEN It doesn't get stuck. Could you please fix this on the next update? It shouldn't get stuck if you just want to update steam or none-steam games only from the Launchbox database, should it? @C-Beats

Edited by kurzih