LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get my PS3 games imported, worked before, but no mas (More)

TrexThunderX10

Hey yall

what up, I'm writing cuz first off love Launchbox, makes my gaming PC console pop a hell of a but the problem is now that I can't get my PS3 games t o import. Used to work before, but it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone assist me and tell a brother why I can't get my PS3 games to import when they used to before. I reinstalled windows 10, what could be the problem?

Hey so for me i had to manually point to the eboot file for the rom. If you have it look through all those folders, it will pick up so many files that dont need to be looked at for launch box. Once you click the eboot file for the path, re name it in launchbox editor then search to get all your media you need for it. Hopefully this helps you

I tried to import again and got the same result. Now when I imported it just now using the "Add Folder" option, it worked, but all the files were scattered all over the place and launchbox imported games I don't have lol so that worked, but when I went to go back and import again after deleting the crazy add folder game list, I'm right back where I started lol but at least when I added all the games with the Add Folder option, at least Playstation 3 showed up in my list of platforms. So smart people, any ideas how to fix this? Or should I just use the PS3 as a standalone and put it on my desktop or I was thinking import the games into steam. Any ideas?

Hey bundangdon

I don't know what to say, I can admit when I'm wrong lol but shit man that worked out great, only bad part though is now I gotta search on LB for all the media that accompanies the games. But I"m happy it worked, cuz I really didn't want to have to put my PS3 games into Steam I sware lol thank you brotha

• Game On 1

3 hours ago, TrexThunderX10 said:

Hey bundangdon

I don't know what to say, I can admit when I'm wrong lol but shit man that worked out great, only bad part though is now I gotta search on LB for all the media that accompanies the games. But I"m happy it worked, cuz I really didn't want to have to put my PS3 games into Steam I sware lol thank you brotha

No worries! Glad to hear you got it working! Yep, PS3 games require a little more effort and while that plugin I recommended before works great, its only disadvantage is that it doesn't scrape data and media. But it's a whole lot easier than having to import each game separately. Anyways, have fun!