LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox is saving to my C drive and I dont know why or where

Galion

So when I downloaded launchbox I saved it and ran it through my secondary drive (G Drive). So I imported all my games/roms but I noticed as it was importing over time, my C drive was losing space. So now I am confused, the file location for everything for launchbox is in my G drive but its saving box art and videos somewhere on my C drive for some stupid reason. Where is it and how do I change it? I dont want it on my C drive, the whole reason I downloaded it and installed it to my G drive is so I can avoid using space on my C drive  

12 hours ago, Galion said:

So when I downloaded launchbox I saved it and ran it through my secondary drive (G Drive). So I imported all my games/roms but I noticed as it was importing over time, my C drive was losing space. So now I am confused, the file location for everything for launchbox is in my G drive but its saving box art and videos somewhere on my C drive for some stupid reason. Where is it and how do I change it? I dont want it on my C drive, the whole reason I downloaded it and installed it to my G drive is so I can avoid using space on my C drive  

This is not possible unless you manually changed media paths in Launchbox. Launchbox is a portable app, meaning everything is kept within the Launchbox folder, unless you specify differently, so you have something else going on here, unrelated to Launchbox I'm afraid.

Just spitballing, but could you have mistakenly installed a second copy of LaunchBox on your C drive? You can check C:\Users\[username]\  for a LaunchBox folder.

Also, in LaunchBox, if you right click a Platform, go into Edit, and check the Folders tab, you can see the paths where the images are trying to save to.