LaunchBox Community Forums

Steamy

View File

This theme requires LaunchBox 13.2 or newer

This theme is more to show off what is possible with LaunchBox theming and see where we can break the mold. I asked the question, "Could you recreate the Steam interface inside of LaunchBox?" This theme is my answer.

Changes from Default:
EVERYTHING... (no really...)

The images do a pretty good job at showing off the new features this theme provides, the basic run down is as follows:

• The theme basically has two completely different looks depending on if you are using List view or Image view
  • Image View Game Details is horizontal similar to the Steam UI and utilizes a shelf system to drop down game details, achievements, and leaderboards
  • List view utilizes a single list of games similar to the traditional side bar (the ACTUAL side bar was moved to a drop down menu)
  • List view's Game Details is full sized and takes the space that typically the image view AND details would take in our default themes

NOTE: The Game Details Panel CAN be resized, the handle for it is invisible, but is located between the Play button and where image view starts (or the rest of the details are listed in list view). This size change IS remembered so should only need to really do it once.

DISCLAIMER: It is ENTIRELY possible to "break" this theme by hiding some views via the View Menu. Hiding GameDetails or the Sidebar can make it difficult or impossible to do much within the theme and should be left on at all times.

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 1 month later...

Theme has been updated to version 1.1 and uploaded to the LB Theme Management system. This version requires LaunchBox 12.10+

Primary changes are:
Corrected some bad color bindings
Added Related Games sections
Made the Game Details pop out look/work a bit better

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 3:33 AM, Bornabe Wylde said:

This is a beautiful Theme, Thank you!!  Can you please provide a list of recommended images to download to get the most out of this Theme?

The image types used in this theme are:

Your grid image choice (typically Box Front)
Fanart - Background
Clear Logo
Screenshots (in the details carousel)
Video (in the details carousel)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really love this theme. Just a few questions about customizing it:

1. Is there a way to have custom banners for each Genre? Currently it shows the default background and "FilterPair" as text

2. Could you implement a way to position the game logo (similar to how Steam does it perhaps)?

Thanks!!

Edited by DVgaming

1) I'd have to look into this. I haven't really touched Steamy since I made it and would have to remind myself how I did that.

2) This won't happen. I'd have to write a plugin to coincide with the theme to do something like that and that is a bit more of a chore than I have time to deal with. I could probably help track down the XAML that sets it's location though and help you adjust it to put the logo where ever you're wishing it'd be.

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe just the option to position the logo in the center would do. I've briefly looked into the XAML files, but I don't have much time to dig through them right now.  If it's as simple as defining the position via the file, that will do just fine.

Otherwise, I think this theme deserves more attention :)

Great work!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DVgaming, if you just want to change the position of the clearlogo to center or right, you simply can edit the attribute "HorizontalAlignment" in Row 87 of the code in GameDetailsView.xaml. The code looks like this:

<Image Grid.Row="0" Margin="24,24,0,0" MaxWidth="400" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Source="{Binding Game.ClearLogoImagePath}" Stretch="Uniform" StretchDirection="Both"
                RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

...that will do the trick. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Theme has been updated to version 1.4 with the following changes:

Theme now requires LaunchBox 13.2+
Platform Icons have been added to the Image View sidebar
Fixed an issue with Playlists not showing their title correctly in PlatformDetailsView

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Theme has been upgrade to version 1.5 with the following changes:

This theme now requires LaunchBox version 13.3+

• Adds the cloud sync indicator to Main View
  • Fixes issue where right clicking the sidebar tree view in List View configuration would throw an error

• 3 months later...

Thanks for making this theme! This is my favorite LB theme by far. :)

I just have one issue: Managing media can be a pain because it doesn't seem to close open file handles when making changes. For instance, deleting a Clear Logo will frequently give an error: "Could not delete file ... it is being used by another process" (but I know that the process is LaunchBox itself, since other themes don't have this problem.) This can also happen with startup backgrounds if you have launched the game during this session.

Edited by TehCupcakes

10 hours ago, TehCupcakes said:

Thanks for making this theme! This is my favorite LB theme by far. :)

I just have one issue: Managing media can be a pain because it doesn't seem to close open file handles when making changes. For instance, deleting a Clear Logo will frequently give an error: "Could not delete file ... it is being used by another process" (but I know that the process is LaunchBox itself, since other themes don't have this problem.) This can also happen with startup backgrounds if you have launched the game during this session.

Yeah, pretty sure this was made before our FlowImage control was a thing and so it has that problem. As I get time I'll see if I can get that changed over to help with that.

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon - Super excited about this theme - But I cant seem to make it work.

I feel like I have to be doing something dumb here... It's like foreground is missing, no play button or game info is displayed, both in list and image view.

I'm attaching what I'm looking @, maybe someone can help me figure out what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

lbsteamy img.png

lbsteamylist.png

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2023 at 9:29 AM, C-Beats said:

Looks like a setting regarding the GameDetails size may be broken for some reason. I'd hide and unhide Game Details (press Ctrl+T twice) and see if that corrects.

Thank you for the response. Sadly the issue persists.

I decided to give it a try with LB 13.8 update with a fresh install of steamy, and unfortunately the theme is still broken for me. :(

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

• 1 month later...