LaunchBox Community Forums

Steamy 1.5.1

(10 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

This theme requires LaunchBox 13.2 or newer

This theme is more to show off what is possible with LaunchBox theming and see where we can break the mold. I asked the question, "Could you recreate the Steam interface inside of LaunchBox?" This theme is my answer.

Changes from Default:
EVERYTHING... (no really...)

The images do a pretty good job at showing off the new features this theme provides, the basic run down is as follows:

• The theme basically has two completely different looks depending on if you are using List view or Image view
  • Image View Game Details is horizontal similar to the Steam UI and utilizes a shelf system to drop down game details, achievements, and leaderboards
  • List view utilizes a single list of games similar to the traditional side bar (the ACTUAL side bar was moved to a drop down menu)
  • List view's Game Details is full sized and takes the space that typically the image view AND details would take in our default themes

NOTE: The Game Details Panel CAN be resized, the handle for it is invisible, but is located between the Play button and where image view starts (or the rest of the details are listed in list view). This size change IS remembered so should only need to really do it once.

DISCLAIMER: It is ENTIRELY possible to "break" this theme by hiding some views via the View Menu. Hiding GameDetails or the Sidebar can make it difficult or impossible to do much within the theme and should be left on at all times.

What's New in Version 1.5.1   See changelog

Released

Fixed cloud indicator styling

• Like 29
  • Unusual Gem 9

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Rincewind

5 of 6 members found this review helpful 5 / 6 members

No new LaunchBox themes for ages and then 3 come along at once. What can I say... stunning, modern, user friendly and great to use. awesome work @C-Beats

• Like 1
Link to review
moudrost

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Fantastic theme. This is my new default and look forward to any refinements that get added.

Link to review
MGPz12

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Loving it. My favourite theme by far.

I would love some of the list view features to be present by default also in the images view but that is just a nit pick personal preference.
We can always ask for some tweaks here and there but this is already a 5 starts as it is.

We can see in the comments how themes like this make people getting interested in learning how to design themes also for LaunchBox and not only for BigBox. I think that tells the story of how great this theme is.

Link to review
Layer0730

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

This is great stuff!

Link to review
faeran

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Not going to beats around the bush. This is my favorite LaunchBox theme. The list view is really a sight to behold.

Link to review
Admz306

· Edited by Admz306

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Installed. Does not show the banner with the image, game details, video, etc. Just shows game box art as before (default). Everything else changed: font, rounded corners, etc. Same with Big Details theme. 

EDIT: Thanks for the reply on how to fix! 

Response from the author:

That banner is the Game Details View. If you don't see it at all it's because you have Game Details disabled in the view menu.

Link to review
HaidenFR

· Edited by HaidenFR

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Hellow !
How do you change the banner at the top when you click a game ?
Which picture will be chosen to be there ?

If it could be "Steam banner" in priority, it would be perfect

Banner at the top uses your Background Image Priorities to determine what gets put up there. You'd just need to move your Steam Banner up in the priority list.

Link to review
Acromar

Best looking theme imo. Is there any chance to make it look like steam when hovering over the box art (that metallic glow)? Would be awesome

I BELIEVE it's possible, not something I've ever really looked into doing though.

Link to review