LaunchBox Community Forums

iOS app please or beta to begin testing

BigReeRee

My questions being I’m an iOS User my self.  Is there anything being done for iOS currently? Is there already an On going beta to make this happen for us as well or is there already a place to download the app/resources so it can be played an enjoyed there as well?   I have no issues with helping out anywhere I able to 

2 hours ago, BigReeRee said:

My questions being I’m an iOS User my self.  Is there anything being done for iOS currently? Is there already an On going beta to make this happen for us as well or is there already a place to download the app/resources so it can be played an enjoyed there as well?   I have no issues with helping out anywhere I able to 

First, you need emulators than can run on iOS. THEN you can ask about Launchbox AFTER said emulators work and are "popular". Then there's the question of whether or not this is even feasible and finally, there is no chance in hell Apple would ever allow Launchbox to exist on it's appstore at all. The whole thing would need to be side-loaded on jailbroken devices. There's a reason Launchbox is on Android and not iOS and I say that as an iOS user myself.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

• 2 months later...

In the finishing stages off my apps development, and getting ready to publish to the App Store. Everything works great for me, but I have this fear the first user to download is going to find some bug I never found and it will all fall apart lol. Some background: This will be my first app and is intended to be a portfolio/resume app to help get me a job first and foremost. I dont plan to or intend to make a dime with it, but if i get a job as a result of my work I see that as payment enough. I am self taught without any prior programming background .

kodi nox

Edited by yazanabbass1112

• 1 month later...

If we want LaunchBox on iOS, we need to pray that Apple gets sued into being forced to allow sideloading apps on non-jailbroken phones, like Android. I am confident that if that happens, the emulation community will thrive on iOS devices.

For what it's worth, the way we've built LaunchBox for Android, it would be relatively easy to port it to iOS. But of course it's not worth any effort if it only works on jailbroken devices.

One last point: the ethics behind Apple's decisions to lock you into their ecosystem should be enough to convince folks not to use an Apple iOS device.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...