LaunchBox Community Forums

Moving ROMs to External HDD but not LaunchBox

Crypt101

So I currently have my Launchbox build on an internal SSD along with all my roms. I want to move just the roms to an external HDD and leave Launchbox on the SSD. What is the simplest method for doing this? And is there a benefit to having Launchbox on the SSD and the roms on the external? I definitely need the external because I have about 8Gb of rom data.

25 minutes ago, Crypt101 said:

So I currently have my Launchbox build on an internal SSD along with all my roms. I want to move just the roms to an external HDD and leave Launchbox on the SSD. What is the simplest method for doing this? And is there a benefit to having Launchbox on the SSD and the roms on the external? I definitely need the external because I have about 8Gb of rom data.

Yeah, this is a good way of doing it. There's a tool in LaunchBox called Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games... found under Tools > File Management. I would use it on a platform by platform basis. Select your platform, highlight all your games and run the tool.