LaunchBox Community Forums

Why are all the games I play skipping?

jimbone007

I have just set up lb and I loaded roms for multiple systems including mame and I tested multiple mame games, ps1,n64 etc and all of them lag horribly. unplayable. I have a dell optiplex 7010 with I5, 8g ram, 2tb hdd,128 ssd and a zotac 1650 lp with up to date drivers. Im pretty bummed right now I've put this pc together specifically for this and it wont run games that my older laptop can. any idea whats going on?

I'm using a tv. I'm trying to find where that info is on my tv. all I'm seeing is hdr10. I'm trying to load the games directly through the mameui I have but everything is so small its impossible to read and all the folder I click on I have to expand or they are as small as the can be. how do I adjust that? I'm looking through display and scale but everything is at recommended and the size of everything other than font is ok

If you are using Windows 10 right click the desktop, go to display settings, scroll down to advanced display settings, in there you should see your refresh rate. Often when people hook up to a TV it defaults to 30hz, this is especially common when people use 4K displays and don't have an HDMI cable capable of 4K 60hz.