LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch region variation of a rom with a specific emulator?

SiriusVI

Hey everyone,

I can't figure out how to do a very specific thing. So here is my setup.

1. For some games I have multiple versions form multiple regions.

2. For several platforms I have two different retroarch setups, one "default" retroarch versions which I use with my XBOX one controller and a second retroarch version which I use with a platform specific original controller (e.g. Gamecube Controller)

I can either choose to launch a specific regional variation of a rom to launch with the "default" emulator OR I can choose to Launch the default rom version of a game with a different emulator variation.

However, I cannot choose whatever regional rom variation with whatever emulator variation.

Example:

I have Resident Evil for Gamecube as the USA and as the EU version. USA is default, EU is additional app. And I have added two retroarch versions (one for use ith XBOX controllers, one for use with original Gamecube controllers)

I can choose to Launch the USA version with either of the retroarch versions.

OR I can choose the EU version with only the default retroarch version.

I cannot choose to Launch the EU version with the retroarch version for original Gamecube controllers.

I hope I made myself clear, haha. Why is this not possible?

Edited by SiriusVI

53 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Hey everyone,

I can't figure out how to do a very specific thing. So here is my setup.

1. For some games I have multiple versions form multiple regions.

2. For several platforms I have two different retroarch setups, one "default" retroarch versions which I use with my XBOX one controller and a second retroarch version which I use with a platform specific original controller (e.g. Gamecube Controller)

I can either choose to launch a specific regional variation of a rom to launch with the "default" emulator OR I can choose to Launch the default rom version of a game with a different emulator variation.

However, I cannot choose whatever regional rom variation with whatever emulator variation.

Example:

I have Resident Evil for Gamecube as the USA and as the EU version. USA is default, EU is additional app. And I have added two retroarch versions (one for use ith XBOX controllers, one for use with original Gamecube controllers)

I can choose to Launch the USA version with either of the retroarch versions.

OR I can choose the EU version with only the default retroarch version.

I cannot choose to Launch the EU version with the retroarch version for original Gamecube controllers.

I hope I made myself clear, haha. Why is this not possible?

Hopefully I'm understanding correctly here.

Edit one of your games. Go into Additional Apps and select one of your versions. In there, you can choose which emulator you'd like that version to launch with.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, faeran said:

Hopefully I'm understanding correctly here.

Edit one of your games. Go into Additional Apps and select one of your versions. In there, you can choose which emulator you'd like that version to launch with.

Hey thanks for answering. That's interesting, but not quite what I want to do, I guess.

I want to be able to choose all possible version and emulator combinations on the fly, because Sometimes I play with the original Controller, but sometimes I will just use the XBOX One Controller 😃