LaunchBox Community Forums

It is possible to put several platforms on one platform?

Merovingio

I just edited the parents.xml file so that Sega Genesis MSU and Sega Genesis English Translated (both are two platforms) appear within the Sega Genesis platform.

I don't know if it's the right way, but it looks like I want in LaunchBox. The thing is that when I go to edit platform I see that the parent category "root" is marked, and they don't appear as Sega Genesis subplatforms.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Editing the xml is typically not good as you can easily mess up things.

To get the look you wanted all you needed to do was edit each of the 2 platforms and in the Parents tab uncheck "Root" and check only "Sega Genesis". Do that for each of the 2 platforms and it would show up how you have it showing in the second pic.

As Monkus mentioned platforms cannot contain platforms within their wheel. They can only show up as a sub-platform under it. Platforms can only contains games inside their actual wheel selection.