LaunchBox Community Forums

Stay away from this crap

Lukestar2412

Spent hours downloading roms then went thru mame import for another 1hour. No games load, I hit play and starts to load up then kicks me right back to launchbox. Everyone so afraid to tell anyone where to get the proper roms like there gonna go to prison 4life lol... horrible experience and advise anyone wanting to use this to stay the hell away.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lukestar2412 said:

Spent hours downloading roms then went thru mame import for another 1hour. No games load, I hit play and starts to load up then kicks me right back to launchbox. Everyone so afraid to tell anyone where to get the proper roms like there gonna go to prison 4life lol... horrible experience and advise anyone wanting to use this to stay the hell away.

We can't link roms and it's not a case of going to jail, it's a case of Jason being sued for everything he is worth which in many cases is worse than jail. And no one is afraid to tell you where to get roms, if you did any searching here on the forums at all we tell people what to google or even precise names of sites without links.

If you want the latest mame set google for "pleasuredome git io". This is a lot more information than you will get any other place, any where else you will told where to go and in a hurry.

If you think Launchbox is going to download roms for you then you are sadly mistaken and no other legit software out there will download them for you either.

Not expecting anyone to download anything for me. But its annoying when people put out videos and act like it's as simple as heating up a burrito in a microwave is dead wrong. If someone is new to emulation or even good with electronics and pretty smart this launchbox is not user freindly at all. Just don't think it's a good emulation os. 

10 hours ago, zugswang said:

Have you heard of GOOGLE ? 😏

Don't blame the tools when you obviously don't know what you are doing.

Just look for latest MAME 0.241 set split or merged and then get then use the correct MAME Emulator version when importing them and it will work.

Also you need to get the bios set for the roms you download, e.g. (MAME 0.241 bios files) or some games won't load.

Also you will need the CHD set (700gb) if you want them all to work as they should.

No crap sherlock , that's my point exactly this is not a good o.s and not remotely user freindly. When you Google anything people are to afraid to put exactly what to do that act like a 400 pound tap dancer ..I google is the emulator for mame already installed launchbox and it's like I asked someone to go into explaining where children come from, all I fucking want is a simple yes or no!!!

2 minutes ago, Lukestar2412 said:

Not expecting anyone to download anything for me. But its annoying when people put out videos and act like it's as simple as heating up a burrito in a microwave is dead wrong. If someone is new to emulation or even good with electronics and pretty smart this launchbox is not user freindly at all. Just don't think it's a good emulation os. 

Well if you think Launchbox is not user friendly, then you should take a look at some of the other frontends on Windows, they are far more difficult. As for MAME it really is simple, download a full MAME romset, newest is always best, in Launchbox go to Tools/Import/Mame fullset importer and just follow the instructions, which are, where are your roms, what do you want to call the platform (Arcade is the default and recommended), do you want Launchbox to download and configure the emulator, and thats it, let it do its thing. However, it is ALWAYS advised to make sure games work outside of Launchbox first, as a non working game is a non working game, and nothing Launchbox can do about that.

2 minutes ago, Lukestar2412 said:

No crap sherlock , that's my point exactly this is not a good o.s and not remotely user freindly. When you Google anything people are to afraid to put exactly what to do that act like a 400 pound tap dancer ..I google is the emulator for mame already installed launchbox and it's like I asked someone to go into explaining where children come from, all I fucking want is a simple yes or no!!!

So you are going to completely ignore this post below eh?

10 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

We can't link roms and it's not a case of going to jail, it's a case of Jason being sued for everything he is worth which in many cases is worse than jail. And no one is afraid to tell you where to get roms, if you did any searching here on the forums at all we tell people what to google or even precise names of sites without links.

If you want the latest mame set google for "pleasuredome git io". This is a lot more information than you will get any other place, any where else you will told where to go and in a hurry.

If you think Launchbox is going to download roms for you then you are sadly mistaken and no other legit software out there will download them for you either.

Clearly says what to put in google, not that it in itself is rocket science, google what you want and sift through the results.

Did you download the rom set ?

It seems you are misunderstanding how the full set importer works. Your posts make it sound like you are expecting the roms to just magically be on your system when you need to go and download them. I have told you what to google for the latest up to date complete set.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

So you are going to completely ignore this post below eh?

Clearly says what to put in google, not that it in itself is rocket science, google what you want and sift through the results.

Even the link someone just gave me on this forum has about 45 diferent things to download its funny how annoying this launchbox is. Should just put unless you don't mind spending 100 of hours shifting thru pointless information then launchbox is number 1.

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

Did you download the rom set ?

It seems you are misunderstanding how the full set importer works. Your posts make it sound like you are expecting the roms to just magically be on your system when you need to go and download them. I have told you what to google for the latest up to date complete set.

Really I put spent 4 hours downloading roms and putting them in launchbox. For a as utube videos put this process on mame in launchbox as simple click of a button.

1 minute ago, Lukestar2412 said:

Really I put spent 4 hours downloading roms and putting them in launchbox. For a as utube videos put this process on mame in launchbox as simple click of a button.

I downloaded 37.b after trying 2.41 had no roms sets inside 

4 minutes ago, Lukestar2412 said:

Even the link someone just gave me on this forum has about 45 diferent things to download its funny how annoying this launchbox is. Should just put unless you don't mind spending 100 of hours shifting thru pointless information then launchbox is number 1.

So how the mame download site is , is Launchboxs fault, lol, i have heard it all now.

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

Ok listen up, it really is not that hard and your aggressive tone here is not sitting well so I suggest you calm down and ask your questions instead of throwing insults.

Sorry was very frustrated last night . Apologies to you not directed at you.

Just now, Lukestar2412 said:

I downloaded 37.b after trying 2.41 had no roms sets inside 

Ok so you downloaded some 20 year old rom set and tried using the full set importer ? If so that is never going to work.

If you downloaded the full set from the site I mentioned above I assure it is has all the roms, they are not empty.

1 minute ago, Lukestar2412 said:

I get the frustration but we do try and help people through the issues, we understand it's not always super straight forward. Such is the nature of emulation where there is often legal hurdles to navigate. We would love to be able to just package up everything neat and tidy for people but legally that is a nightmare scenario.

26 minutes ago, Lukestar2412 said:

21 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

This is what you are looking for on the pleasuredome site. You want the merged or split set, either are fine. The dat files and non merged are useless in this scenario.

screenshot.2.jpg.fe88f7b9a65bca643064293292935d8e.jpg

And bear in mind the acual roms are not on that site, what you will get is a torrent file, and you will need a torrent client to download them. Just clarifying that, as this is the official place to get mame roms, so if you had a empty folder, you dont have the rom set.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

And bear in mind the acual roms are not on that site, what you will get is a torrent file, and you will need a torrent client to download them. Just clarifying that, as this is the official place to get mame roms, so if you had a empty folder, you dont have the rom set.

Appreciate that but I just paid and bought a 60 dollar stick with all games I wanted and linux. Just stick to what works. Bummer to wanted to upgrade to big box but just not in my lane.