LaunchBox Community Forums

Using a Fix-It Felix Jr. Rom

TheGrid

I found a Rom for Fix-It Felix Jr. that states it's for a genesis emulator but when attempting to load it into Launch/Big box it seems to have trouble recognizing it.  Below is a picture of all the files included in the download.  How do I get this up and running?  For all other files uploads have been fairly simple and issue free but this one is giving me trouble.  

image.thumb.png.228ab952857fe77b372168c8cc046f6a.png

16 minutes ago, TheGrid said:

I found a Rom for Fix-It Felix Jr. that states it's for a genesis emulator but when attempting to load it into Launch/Big box it seems to have trouble recognizing it.

You can add any file you want to LaunchBox. When starting a game LaunchBox sends the filepath to your chosen emulator. In your case, try felix.bin in your emulator first.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

29 minutes ago, TheGrid said:

I found a Rom for Fix-It Felix Jr. that states it's for a genesis emulator but when attempting to load it into Launch/Big box it seems to have trouble recognizing it.  Below is a picture of all the files included in the download.  How do I get this up and running?  For all other files uploads have been fairly simple and issue free but this one is giving me trouble.  

image.thumb.png.228ab952857fe77b372168c8cc046f6a.png

You only need the felix.bin from that folder, the rest is useless. Then renamae the felix.bin to the actual game name and add it to launchbox again.

It is in our database.

Fix-It Felix Jr. Details - LaunchBox Games Database (launchbox-app.com)

Edited by neil9000

11 minutes ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

You can add any file you want to LaunchBox.

neill9000 is right. But to clarify my statement: LaunchBox is file agnostic and thus does not care which files you add. But emulators DO care. 😁 (But is still good practice to test your games first before adding them to LaunchBox.)