LaunchBox Community Forums

Media not downloading from launchbox but does from emumovies.

sirgubster9

I recently realized that my hard drive was much smaller than I thought so to save space instead of having all the pics and videos I would have a very limited amount. I thought the quickest way to do this would be to delete my images folder and my videos folder. That was probably a bad idea. Now Every time I try and get media it will only download the stuff from emu movies. It won't download anything from launchbox. It acts like it's going to and pretends that it did but nothing actually downloads. Any help? 

Edited by sirgubster9

• sirgubster9 changed the title to Media not downloading from launchbox but does from emumovies.
13 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

I recently realized that my hard drive was much smaller than I thought so to save space instead of having all the pics and videos I would have a very limited amount. I thought the quickest way to do this would be to delete my images folder and my videos folder. That was probably a bad idea. Now Every time I try and get media it will only download the stuff from emu movies. It won't download anything from launchbox. It acts like it's going to and pretends that it did but nothing actually downloads. Any help? 

Hi @sirgubster9. Are you able to provide more details on the exact steps you take to try and download media? Screenshots would help as well.

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Got a complaint of this in the Discord also.

image.thumb.png.693987e660be5b039093e2a7c03c578d.png

Downloading media from the LaunchBox DB appears to be fine. There's still a lot of other factors that could go into media not downloading, and I'm assuming both may be running into one of these.

So I was just about to give you a step by step of what I did even though I feel like it's crazy simple and super standard ha ha but then I thought well let's try it and take some screen shots along the way just for kicks. And worked totally fine!!!! Only thing I can think of is I did an individual game where you go in and edit it and stuff individually and then after that I tried the whole group again... Maybe that got it out of its funk... Also I restarted it like 2 more times but I had already restarted it once before. Oh and then I also checked the box that said find local stuff or whatever it is in that very first window. I specifically unchecked it the previous times. Maybe this will help out the discord guy but seriously no clue why any of it happened. Just happy it's working. Thanks for the impressive response time though guys.