LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box theme creator

Hi All, 

I've looked around on the forum but couldn't find what i was looking for so apologies if it's posted somewhere and i missed it. 

I've used the theme creator just to mess around really and previously i was able to add themes in to it and play around to see how it works, however this time round i was hoping to make a new theme, there are themes that have sniplets of things here and there so i was wondering how does one go about to import an existing theme in to the theme creator so i can copy an paste bits and amend 🤔

Tia advance for any hints or tips 

59 minutes ago, vzc said:

Hi All, 

I've looked around on the forum but couldn't find what i was looking for so apologies if it's posted somewhere and i missed it. 

I've used the theme creator just to mess around really and previously i was able to add themes in to it and play around to see how it works, however this time round i was hoping to make a new theme, there are themes that have sniplets of things here and there so i was wondering how does one go about to import an existing theme in to the theme creator so i can copy an paste bits and amend 🤔

Tia advance for any hints or tips 

You cannot import the released theme itself. You can only edit or copy items from a theme that was made using the Theme Creator and only if the creator released the Community Theme Creator files for the theme.

Like in this post below.