LaunchBox Community Forums

Show only video theme in fullscreen

Mr.Miguardi

Hi,
I know this is a theme related "issue" and maybe there are some theme or option in LB that solved my request, in that case please guide me to the right path.
I'm using Unifed Redux theme usually with "Game Wheel 4" camera that show snap and video theme in fullscreen but i want to show only video theme in fullscreen and leave video snap with the classic view with box and all the artwork.

it's possible to edit the xaml code to do this? showing a fullscreen video theme it's fantastic but showing a fullscreen snap not much.

Here the xaml code i want to "fix" maybe with a trigger?

<!-- VIDEO -->
			<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" StretchVideo="true" Panel.ZIndex="3" />

The TransitionPresenter used there is designed to adhere to a user's Video Priority settings. This can be found in LaunchBox under Tools > Options > Video Priorities. You can make it so theme videos are prioritized over video snaps, but that would end up being a global setting and apply to all programs, themes, views... etc.

There is one way you can override this with xaml, but you will have to use flow video for this. Something like:

<coverFlow:FlowVideo DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" VideoType="Theme Video" PlayVideo="True" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" />

There's more properties with regards to FlowVideo that you can play around with in the Documentation.pdf file which is located inside of your LaunchBox\Themes folder.

• Like 1

thx faeran! 
I played a bit with the code, i'm able now to play a full screen theme video  on the top layer of the screen but this video it's played for all the games, even if the game don't have a video theme it play video snap fullscreen.
I've tried to bind the "HasVideo" Property to the "PlayVideo" but honestly i don't know how.
I don't know XAMl so i'm doing it by watching other random code and i probably did a mess. 😅

<coverFlow:FlowVideo DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" VideoType="Theme Video" PlayVideo="{Binding ElementName=GameTheme, Path=HasVideo}" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8"  Panel.ZIndex="9"/>
<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" Panel.ZIndex="4" />

Edited by Mr.Miguardi

1 hour ago, Mr.Miguardi said:

thx faeran! 
I played a bit with the code, i'm able now to play a full screen theme video  on the top layer of the screen but this video it's played for all the games, even if the game don't have a video theme it play video snap fullscreen.
I've tried to bind the "HasVideo" Property to the "PlayVideo" but honestly i don't know how.
I don't know XAMl so i'm doing it by watching other random code and i probably did a mess. 😅

<coverFlow:FlowVideo DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" VideoType="Theme Video" PlayVideo="{Binding ElementName=GameTheme, Path=HasVideo}" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8"  Panel.ZIndex="9"/>
<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" Panel.ZIndex="4" />

Okay, so if you don't want FlowVideo to fall back to your default Video Priority settings then add the property: FallbackToDefault="False"

You should switch back the PlayVideo property to True.

• Thanks 1

My aim my last code was to play or not a video if the video theme or the video snap are in the folder.
Now the code works but when the video theme are played the video snap still running in background making sound.

So i was trying to find the right element name  for snap and theme.

Wrong post, It works! thx faeran!

Edited by Mr.Miguardi

5 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

FlowVideo doesn't seem to have transitions between videos, is there a way to add them?

Unfortunately, no. It's a separate thing to TransitionPresenter, which is what controls all the logic of the transitions. You could create your own animations with XAML, or you could create a plugin to house transition logic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, faeran said:

Unfortunately, no. It's a separate thing to TransitionPresenter, which is what controls all the logic of the transitions. You could create your own animations with XAML, or you could create a plugin to house transition logic.

Oh, bummer. Alternatively, is it possible to force the TransitionPresenter to load a specific video type? That would be the ideal solution.

16 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

Oh, bummer. Alternatively, is it possible to force the TransitionPresenter to load a specific video type? That would be the ideal solution.

From a user's perspective, yes. The TransitionPresent loads the Video group (amongst other things), so in LaunchBox you would just need to go into Tools > Options > Video Priorities, and make sure you have the video type you want to see selected and moved to the top of the list. From a theme designer perspective, it's not possible to force a specific type to override a user's settings.