LaunchBox Community Forums

What is CoverFlow?

InvaderJim

6 hours ago, jimj said:

I see lots of posts about CoverFlow issues, or changing CoverFlow image quality or opacity for performance reasons, but I don't see any explanation about what CoverFlow actually is.  What is CoverFlow?  Does it affect all themes?

Coverflow is the Bigbox view that shows images, usually boxes in a side by side view where the images animate as you scroll through them.

Fullscreen coverflow from the default theme.

image.thumb.png.8b1ed8680e4a79d77d1af03b75b722ef.png

Coverflow with details view from the default theme.

image.thumb.png.dba149d1b971aeaeb26a43e85a431995.png

7 hours ago, jimj said:

Does it affect all themes?

Not all themes, but most do have a coverflow view, but if you dont use that view then none of the advice you have seen is relevant.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jimj said:

Sorry, I'm still noobing it up here.  Using BigBox with the default theme I have a wheel on the left side, not a CoverFlow view.  How do I enable CoverFlow with the default theme?

You just change the view to a coverflow view. Each theme can support multiple view types depending on what the theme creator made. You can either change the view type in the options page under "Views" or bind a key or button for the option to Change View.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You just change the view to a coverflow view. Each theme can support multiple view types depending on what the theme creator made. You can either change the view type in the options page under "Views" or bind a key or button for the option to Change View.

Thanks @neil9000 and @Retro808, I've got it now.

In case any else manages to get as confused as me, the relevant options are "Views->Games List View" and Keyboard Mappings "Switch View" and "Switch Theme".

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...