LaunchBox Community Forums

importing directories how to i get it to not import the bin files from bin cue ?

Jamos

When I import a bin cue file by importing the whole directory it imports the bin and cue file and shows the game twice. I know I can say import files and pick just the cues and that works but the import directory command should be smart enough to not import bin? is there something i can uncheck like not include bin?

11 minutes ago, Jamos said:

When I import a bin cue file by importing the whole directory it imports the bin and cue file and shows the game twice. I know I can say import files and pick just the cues and that works but the import directory command should be smart enough to not import bin? is there something i can uncheck like not include bin?

Dont add full folders when you dont want to add multiple file types, Launchbox is just importing what you told it too. Go to your roms folder put "*.cue" without the quotes in the explorer window search, select all the results and drag and drop them to the Launchbox window to start the import wizard.

10 hours ago, Jamos said:

YA thanks know how to do that just thought the folder import had more ai than it did. either way i am converting to chd so all good.

Launchbox is file agnostic, it imports whatever you give it, we have no list of supported file types as Launchbox can be used to launch far more than just games, so having and maintaining a list is time consuming and rather pointless as you are effectively locking out file types for no good reason. For example in this use case you do not want the bin files, but in the case of Megadrive/Genesis those roms can be in either .md or .bin files, so not importing .bin files could mean not importing Megadrive/Genesis roms, so we do not discriminate and just import what you tell us to.

Edited by neil9000

I did use rom import for sega cd and choose a folder with all bin/cue only in that directory no dups and said copy to game directory and the titles showed up twice one i could click to play and the other not. Latest version of launchbox. I also tried to clear the cache and it said nothing to clean. The only way it worked was choosing just the cue files using file import and then it worked. No big deal since I am going to use chd for my sega cd files now.

Edited by Jamos