LaunchBox Community Forums

My introduction to the forums

Acethor

Hi everyone! Just created a new account and I'm so happy to be part of this community and excited to start using LaunchBox. This is what I've been looking for, for the past 22 years. I remember in the early 2000s I used to use a little launcher called Windows Game Launcher. It was able to display games in a nice enough way and you could put the box artwork on (manually, no scraping) which was cool. But that's it, it literally had no other features. Through the years I've used DBGL (DosBox Game Launcher) for DOS games which worked well enough- except oh no, here comes GOG, Steam, Origin, Epic, Uplay, itch.io and Indiegala. Not to mention a variety of emulators for Amiga and C64 games. I used The Backloggery to track my game collections. As you can imagine, my "gaming collection OCD" was highly unhappy with this setup. 

And then I heard about LaunchBox. Watched a few of the tutorial videos on YouTube which were really good. Simple and easy to follow. Contemplated whether to buy the $30 or $75 license, and decided to hold off until I could find out if this would be the final resting place of my games collection. Then I saw a video on YouTube that showed an update where the Steam Achievements synced with LaunchBox. And with that info, without hesitation I purchased the lifetime license. Not only that, but a major factor in my decision was the LaunchBox community which clearly embraces the same values that I hold dear. You guys & gals strive to see through our eyes and make LaunchBox work the way we want it to, which is more than anyone can ask for. Thank you all for this product! You've made one old gamer proud. I wish all the best and hope to see fresh innovations and updates on the way for decades to come. 

• Like 5