LaunchBox Community Forums

Boxes not showing in game wheel

StifMeister

Hi. I've just set up Launchbox/Bigbox and installed the Unified Redux theme. If I'm not mistaking, there is supposed to be a box-image showing on the right side, where I only see an empty background, right (see image)?

I've tried to search a bit on the forum, and tried to solve it myself but it just doesn't seem to pull the box-images that I've download and are placed in the Launchbox > Images > Arcade > Box - Front folder.

What could be the problem?

In my problem solving I've been into Launchbox > Tools > Options and made sure that Box - Front is checked and at the top of the Box Front Priorities.

And I've also been into Tools > Manage > Platforms > Arcade > Edit Platform and checked that folder path under Box - Front is correct (Images\Arcade\Box - Front).

EDIT: And I've also made sure to go into Bigbox settings, Image Cache and refreshed all images.

As I'm a noob trying to figure things out I could be missing something very obvious ...

IMG_20220522_112410.jpg

Edited by StifMeister

Try changing the view in the theme. If you have not napped a button/key to the option for View Change in BB set one and try. Also just to confirm your box images do show up in LB correct?

As far as the wheel goes you will have to edit the code to get that done. I believe Cid had exact steps how to do this in one of his posts for the theme's support thread. You will have to comment out or remove some storyboard items to prevent it from animating to transparent.

Maybe this is related to the problem, but I just realised that 'vertical wheel' 1, 2 and 3 are identical, when I change the view. Instead of being different, they all look like the view you see on the picture I posted. But over views, including wheel 4, are different and work.

3 minutes ago, StifMeister said:

Thanks. I can change different views, but the boxes don't show in any of the wheel views. I know the boxes are there, because I can see them if I change it to the wall view that shows  boxes.

And yes, they also show i LB. 

Ok. That is definitely odd since you did most of the basic troubleshooting steps. All of Unified's wheel views except one should show a box art. If you try another user created theme do your boxes show there?

1 minute ago, StifMeister said:

Maybe this is related to the problem, but I just realised that 'vertical wheel' 1, 2 and 3 are identical, when I change the view. Instead of being different, they all look like the view you see on the picture I posted. But over views, including wheel 4, are different and work.

They are actually slightly different. 1 is just the box, 2 I believe is Box and Cart, 3 is box and the option to spin the CD image, so they still should show box art.

Hmm... I've tried another user created theme, and the box art shows (see image). I guess it's a problem in the Unified Redux theme? I actually tried to repair/reinstall that theme again, but still doesn't show the box art. 

I think I'll just use another theme then. Thanks for your help.

IMG_20220522_141140.jpg

7 minutes ago, StifMeister said:

Hmm... I've tried another user created theme, and the box art shows (see image). I guess it's a problem in the Unified Redux theme? I actually tried to repair/reinstall that theme again, but still doesn't show the box art. 

I think I'll just use another theme then. Thanks for your help.

IMG_20220522_141140.jpg

Unified Redux uses 3D boxes, not standard boxes, do you have any 3D boxes downloaded?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, StifMeister said:

Ah, that's why! I only have normal box art it seems. So I just need to download 3d boxes too, to make it work. Thanks!

You do not need to. Just add "Box - Front" as an option in your 3D Box Front image priorities and it will use them as an option for 3D Boxes as well. I actually did not notice you mentioned just normal box from.

• Thanks 1