LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to audit games to see which game is missing which media type?

Fugus

Trying to figure out which titles are missing video snaps on them but will really suck having to manually check each title individually to see if they have it, trying to figure out a way to audit games for that.

Especially in the future if I ever want to change my theme setup. Also because I have noticed that EmuMovies gets pretty picky on the game searches where you might have to change the title of a game to get the media to show up in the search. Much easier if I could just bring up a list of games that are missing that file and deal with them that way.

Edited by Fugus

• Fugus changed the title to Is it possible to audit games to see which game is missing which media type?
42 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes, in the Tools menu there is an Audit option.

The Audit gives me a lot of details about the games and the ability to look for duplicates, but doesn't allow me to sort by which has video snaps downloaded or which has clear logos and stuff like that that I have seen.

Edit: Correction, I didn't see the scroll bar on the bottom of the screen, my mistake. Much bigger than I thought it would be. My apologizes

Edited by Fugus

54 minutes ago, Fugus said:

Correction, I didn't see the scroll bar on the bottom of the screen, my mistake.

Audit is a nice feature but it's sorely in need of updating. It's buggy in that when you scroll all the way to the right and then try to scroll vertically - the screen randomly scrolls horizontally. It's annoying. But yes, you can also click on the header (Clear Logo) (Video) to sort the games by # of media. It's a great way to find out which games have multiple and which have zero.

35 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Audit is a nice feature but it's sorely in need of updating. It's buggy in that when you scroll all the way to the right and then try to scroll vertically - the screen randomly scrolls horizontally.

Just tested for this and it didn't happen for me.

Yeah, finding out just how many games failed to download video snaps. Too many.

Actually put a feature request on the tracker where the database also includes a search term for EmuMovies that will return the proper results for the videos. Surprising number of games have multiple alternate known titles but EmuMovies will only give snaps if your game has one of them specifically.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:23 AM, Lordmonkus said:

Just tested for this and it didn't happen for me.

I think I get what they are saying, or at least based on the "same" thing happens to me, but I'll try to explain better...

The columns are spaced at X intervals apart based on the max length of the text that is currently on your display when the audit screen pops up (this actually happens on other lists like this too, like searching for duplicates etc).....when you scroll down if a cell that is now seen on your display has a cell with a text length that is larger it all of a sudden automatically resizes the column accordingly. Which kinda sorts gives the impression the screen is scrolling horizontally

I don't think this is a bug, but I could see why someone might think it is. I'd add assume this was a purposeful design choice, not a bug. I would think it was made this way so you could actually always read the text in the cells and not have portions cut off by a column that is too small for the length of characters to display in said cell. Otherwise you would have to manually resize the columns as needed to read what is in cells that have longer lengths of characters

• Like 1