Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project and Nintendo GameCube


Joe35car
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was hoping someone can help me out. I've been using Bezel Project for a while and wanted to try out the new feature just released in LB. So I have all systems working except for GameCube. The games are named properly to match the bezels. So when I use LB and use Rocketlauncher as the emulator it works fine. When I try and use Retroarch with the dolphin core the games launch without the bezel. I've tried to delete the system and start over but that didn't fix the issue. There has to be some cfg or ini file messing things up. Any ideas how to fix this?

 

Thanks

Edited by Joe35car
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are positive the rom names match the cfg file names under the \\retroarch\config\<core name>\ directory, the only thing I can think of is the directory for the core you are using just isn't supported by our bezel repo. If this is the case, it is easy to change though. Just rename one of the Dolphin directories that were installed to match the core you are using.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the core name for Dolphin? I'm just not sure what's wrong. Yes the roms/CHD/iso are named correctly because they work when I use rocketlauncher. I tried to delete anything related with Nintendo GameCube and Dolphin and nothing seems to work unless I use Rocketlauncher as my emulator in Launchbox. Scratching head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joe35car said:

What is the core name for Dolphin? I'm just not sure what's wrong. Yes the roms/CHD/iso are named correctly because they work when I use rocketlauncher. I tried to delete anything related with Nintendo GameCube and Dolphin and nothing seems to work unless I use Rocketlauncher as my emulator in Launchbox. Scratching head. 

Default core name is dolphin_libretro.

Just because things work in RocketLauncher doesn't mean your naming convention works with the bezel packs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Naming convention is correct. Let's get past this part and figure out what else the issue might be. The bezel project packs work in Rocketlauncher. I'm at work now but if you doubt what I'm saying l will attach a screen shot of my CHD for GameCube and the names in the Bezel Project. The core name is also correct. There has to be something else causing the problem. 

 

Thanks 

Edited by Joe35car
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Joe35car said:

Naming convention is correct. Let's get past this part and figure out what else the issue might be. The bezel project packs work in Rocketlauncher. I'm at work now but if you doubt what I'm saying l will attach a screen shot of my CHD for GameCube and the names in the Bezel Project. The core name is also correct. There has to be something else causing the problem. 

 

Thanks 

I may have cracked it. It appears the dolphin dev team changed the internal name to dolphin-emu. Rename the dolphin directory in the config directory to dolphin-emu and see if that fixes your issues.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

OK I figured what the issue was. In my Retroarch\config folder there are 3 folders . Dolphin, Dolphin Launcher, and dolphin-emu. Bezel Project would download the bezels to the first two folder but retroarch wants to use the dolphin-emu to show the bezels.. I had to copy and paste the bezels cfg files to this folder and now it works. I uninstall the dolphin core but I still had to copy to the dolphin-emu folder.

Edited by Joe35car
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I may have cracked it. It appears the dolphin dev team changed the internal name to dolphin-emu. Rename the dolphin directory in the config directory to dolphin-emu and see if that fixes your issues.

Thanks. I will try it out. Thanks again for being patience and the help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...