LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Cemu games from Bigbox gives black screen

Glenn72

50 minutes ago, BrainyCabde said:

I've looked for apps that allow picking a monitor per application

There are some AHK scripts floating around here (prolly in the AHK script thread) that can likely help with that. Uses the Windows hotkeys to move a window to an adjacent screen. I'd suggest taking a look at that and see if that could help out with the situation you described with PCSX2 always going to the primary display when you instead want it to go to the secondary display. the hotkey to do that is Windows Key + Shift + Left/Right Arrow key with left or right being how you have laid out your screens in Windows display settings.

So I spent some time messing around with this again. The script I posted before no longer works, but what I have noticed is that only half of the games I have are giving me the black screen with audio issue on launch. I've been using TLOZ BOTW for my tests and never thought to try other games. Twilight Princess, Dr. Luigi, and Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze to name a few don't give me the black screen issue at all. There's something really weird about this issue here. I'm really stumped. Literally makes zero sense why only half the games I have for Cemu give me the black screen issue, while the other half don't. Sorry for bringing this back up, but i'm determined to find a fix for this and get this resolved so no one else will have to battle this problem down the road. As Arnold says, "I'll be back".

Ok. So after some tinkering, i'm learning that launchbox has a hard time keeping Cemu focused. So I thought, why not have Cemu launch in windowed mode and then run a script to have it fullscreen after the shaders are loaded. Question is, does anyone know of a script that does this for Cemu? Or even better, a script that keeps Cemu in focus over LB/BB.

Well, i've found a script that works, but i'd have to add a mouse click to the Cemu window in the script, and I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the script I have so far.

Sleep, 8000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send !{Enter}
 Return 
Esc::
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

So I have to remove the -f from the command line parameters to start it in windowed so the screen doesn't go black. I'm sure the above script would work if I could add a mouse click to the window before the alt-enter section.

2 hours ago, BrainyCabde said:

Well, i've found a script that works, but i'd have to add a mouse click to the Cemu window in the script, and I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the script I have so far.

Sleep, 8000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send !{Enter}
 Return 
Esc::
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

So I have to remove the -f from the command line parameters to start it in windowed so the screen doesn't go black. I'm sure the above script would work if I could add a mouse click to the window before the alt-enter section.

a mouse click can be sent with this

Send {LButton}

hope the last hoop you need to jump through lol

19 hours ago, BrainyCabde said:

So after some tinkering, i'm learning that launchbox has a hard time keeping Cemu focused.

if Cemu does not stay in focus there is the WinSet command that can use AlwaysOnTop value to do just that. No other window will become top/focus window unless it too is declared AlwaysOnTop. For ex

WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, on, ahk_exe Cemu.exe