LaunchBox Community Forums

Scrolling Game Details

MasterMarkVGC

Probably a couple ways to do this. One way is to add a control to the TextBlock. Here is an example.

<Canvas x:Name="NotesCanvas" ClipToBounds="True" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0">
       <controls:ScrollableTextBlock Name="ScrollingNotes" Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.Notes}" FontSize="28" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="WrapWithOverflow" Width="{Binding ElementName=NotesCanvas, Path=ActualWidth}" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" >
</Canvas>

12 hours ago, MasterMarkVGC said:

How would I be able to make edits like this for the text? I just setup Visual Studio and I found a stream that Jason did and I don't see where these edits would work for the text. I might not have the right folders.

Can you share a pic of what you see in VS? You just need to make sure you open the xaml file for the view you are using in BB. You also do not necessarily need to use VS you can simply use Notepad++ to edit the file. Though using VS is nice as you can see grid layouts and other items directly in VS.

As Retro stated, you can use any text editor. I tend to use VS Code, but Notepadd++ (or even Notepad technically) works as well. Make the edit to the file and save it and should see the change. Make sure you aren't changing files in Default theme folder path though as those get replaced with the original when you start up Big Box again.

You need to open the theme. Go into "Themes" folder and in there you should see a .sln and .csproj file. You can open either one of those in VS and the theme will be available. Go into the "Views" folder and edit the xaml of the view you are using in BB.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 4.07.06 PM.png

I see what you're talking about. I'm currently using the Metallic theme for BigBox and I'm see "TextFiltersView" "TextGamesView" "TextGameView" and "TextListView" files. I don't see where I can edit the Scroll Text like in your image above. Do I need to type all of that in myself or could these be the wrong files to edit?

TextListView.xaml