Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Some scraped videos not displaying


Bobins
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I'm using retropie and emulationstation. Some of the videos have sound but no picture. Having checked the file extension, they're all MP4.

1414550460_VideoIcons.jpg.cff3f02e33e08c7c79ba94b9c084c0c7.jpg

 

If you look at the picture above, this is taken from my Windows PC.

The PC_1942.mp4 file doesn't display but has sound on my retropie setup. It works if I execute it in windows. The only difference I can tell is that Payperboy displays a random from the game as its thumbnail and the PC_1942 just has the default mp4 logo. Why are these files considered different by windows and ultimately, my retropie?

 

Thanks for any help

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bobins said:

Hi all,

 

I'm using retropie and emulationstation. Some of the videos have sound but no picture. Having checked the file extension, they're all MP4.

1414550460_VideoIcons.jpg.cff3f02e33e08c7c79ba94b9c084c0c7.jpg

 

If you look at the picture above, this is taken from my Windows PC.

The PC_1942.mp4 file doesn't display but has sound on my retropie setup. It works if I execute it in windows. The only difference I can tell is that Payperboy displays a random from the game as its thumbnail and the PC_1942 just has the default mp4 logo. Why are these files considered different by windows and ultimately, my retropie?

 

Thanks for any help

 

This is the Launchbox forums, which have nothing at all to do with emulation station, or raspberry pi's, Launchbox is a Windows only application. You would be much better off asking somewhere where the users actually use retropie, and that place is not these forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This is the Launchbox forums, which have nothing at all to do with emulation station, or raspberry pi's, Launchbox is a Windows only application. You would be much better off asking somewhere where the users actually use retropie, and that place is not these forums.

This is the off topic / Emulation section of the forum. It is precisely the place to post this thread. As I own launchbox anyway, which is what made me decide to post here. I assumed that the community may know of this issue, as it is likely not retroarch at fault. Perhapos diverting new members away from this community and into others is not the best way to grow the user count here.

Edited by Bobins
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bobins said:

This is the off topic / Emulation section of the forum. It is precisely the place to post this thread. As I own launchbox anyway, which is what made me decide to post here. I assumed that the community may know of this issue, as it is likely not retroarch at fault. Perhapos diverting new members away from this community and into others is not the best way to grow the user count here.

Definitely is an off topic emulation subforum so your post does fit. However, Neil was simply advising you would likely get faster/better response on a forum dedicated to EmulationStation or Rpi.

It is not diverting users away from Launchbox but diverting them to a resource likely to provide a timely and more accurate answer since the resource is related to the actual software you have an issue with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't agree. How does he know that no one here uses a pi or ES? Anyway, I thought it was abrupt and unhelpful, which begs the question, what use was it?

I dont believe the issue is solely dedicated to emulation station or the pi, which is why i posted the picture of the files in wondows, showing the 2 different MP4 icons. This is likely a media issue, and you do deal with media, right?

I'm not here to make these kinds of post, as they're a waste of everyone's time and achieve nothing.

 

Thanks for the responses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...