LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox On-Screen Keyboard (12.14)

Saieno

Hello all. I recently updated Launchbox to 12.14 and I've noticed a number of issues in BigBox mode. For example, pop-up lists like when changing a view does not scroll. And the on-screen keyboard when searching for a game isn't controllable via controller. Any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve either of these issues?

Any help would be really appreciated, cause right now its a bit of a show stopper when using BigBox with a controller

I don't believe we have any other reports of controllers not working in 12.14 so it sounds like a settings issue or something related to your set up. What controller are you using? Also in Big Box is "Use All Game Controllers" enabled or disabled? Does changing that setting change the issue for you?

Hey C-Beats,

So the issue is the entire on-screen keyboard layout has changed with the UI update on 12.14. 

When going to 'Search' within a specific platform the on-screen keyboard turns into what looks like a touch specific keyboard, and does not respond to any controller input. Moving it back to 12.12 gave the previous on-screen keyboard which was much more compact and usable via controller.

The controller I'm using is an Xbox One controller, and setting the "Use All Game Controllers" to on or off has no change with the on-screen keyboard that is displayed or its functionality. Here's attached screenshots to show the difference.

NewKeyboard.png

OldKeyboard.png

14 hours ago, Saieno said:

Hey C-Beats,

So the issue is the entire on-screen keyboard layout has changed with the UI update on 12.14. 

When going to 'Search' within a specific platform the on-screen keyboard turns into what looks like a touch specific keyboard, and does not respond to any controller input. Moving it back to 12.12 gave the previous on-screen keyboard which was much more compact and usable via controller.

The controller I'm using is an Xbox One controller, and setting the "Use All Game Controllers" to on or off has no change with the on-screen keyboard that is displayed or its functionality. Here's attached screenshots to show the difference.

NewKeyboard.png

OldKeyboard.png

This is unfortunately theme specific. Go into LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views and delete the KeyboardView.xaml file. The theme should then fall back to the new keyboard.