LaunchBox Community Forums

GameCube games in Dolphin

NYgamefan

Started having slow down and Audio Stuttering  of  3 specific Games for GameCube when using Dolphin emu , while the others have no hiccups whatsoever even though when they were  1st used did not see or hear issues.

Specifically happens when I start playing thru LaunchBox; but when I start by bypassing Lauchbox and using RetroArch directly there are almost no issues. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

NYgamefan

Edited by NYgamefan
want to provide clearer description of problem

• NYgamefan changed the title to GameCube games in Dolphin
On 8/13/2022 at 9:18 PM, NYgamefan said:

Started having slow down and Audio Stuttering  of  3 specific Games for GameCube when using Dolphin emu , while the others have no hiccups whatsoever even though when they were  1st used did not see or hear issues.

Specifically happens when I start playing thru LaunchBox; but when I start by bypassing Lauchbox and using RetroArch directly there are almost no issues. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

NYgamefan

Setup Dolphin in its normal standalone emulator format, as in don't use the Retroarch core version, and see if the hiccups go away. Be sure to launch your games directly through the emulator, as well as through LB (but to the standalone emulator, not Retroarch core) to see if the behavior changes between them also.

14 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

I'm currently on my first playthrough of Luigi's Mansion on the Retroarch core and it runs as good as the standalone emulator. The Dolphin core compatibility  it's pretty close to Dolphin nowadays.

Until that weird incompatibility with that one game you really like hits, but each to their own. I never said the core was bad either, just not as good as the standalone.