LaunchBox Community Forums

New Default Theme - Resize Fullscreen Images/Videos

nullNOVA

Hi all,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure whether to post in Custom-Themes as this is the new default theme and is the default user experience from now on? Please move it if it would be better suited elsewhere.

After watching ETAPrime's YouTube video on the new default theme, I love how it looked. However, due to all my images and platform videos being full screen, it's affecting the readability of the game details.

Here is how the platform view looks in the video:

veedeo.thumb.jpg.8fc7722b0bb5df25d73e22a6119f63e1.jpg

Here is mine:

fullscreenplatform.thumb.jpg.1464e057da0bc040ded547cc03a51e62.jpg

As you can see, the readability of the text is not so good, especially when the video is playing and shows lighter backgrounds, I would like it to be aligned with the platform details and to the right.

The same is also true in the game list view. Here's how mine looks:

1336317222_fullscreenimage.thumb.jpg.9024060492b9f667f35aaf88ffc9d4ed.jpg

Again, very poor visibility, here is how it would look ideally:

better.thumb.jpg.adf9e953d9bd3253de210ddff9de1413.jpg

I achieved the latter by turning up background fade to 100%, but this also affects the platform video. I have played around with the settings for a good hour now, and though the background fade works, I would like it to only affect the game list view and not the platform video.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

In Big Box Options page, go to Video section and ensure you "Use Platform Background Videos" and "Use Game Background Videos" are turned off and then the video will display like you see in the release video by ETAPrime. Should look similar to this when done.

unknown.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

In Big Box Options page, go to Video section and ensure you "Use Platform Background Videos" and "Use Game Background Videos" are turned off and then the video will display like you see in the release video by ETAPrime. Should look similar to this when done.

Huh, that did it! Seemed counter-intuitive to me to turn off platform videos for them to work? But I suppose it's the fact it says background that fills the entire screenspace?

Thank you, that did it. And turning up the background fade doesn't affect the platform videos now as they're no longer in the background, yaaay. :)

I left a note for us to internally discuss those strings as they read a bit confusing for what they actually mean. It doesn't mean, "Display Videos" but "Display Videos in Background" (as opposed to the foreground). I can see where some users could get confused.