LaunchBox Community Forums

Teknoparrot exit game messes up what’s on my primary screen

ChickenGeorge

Hey guys. So I’m trying to expand my collections with a teknoparrot wheel. Got most of the games configured in the emulator, found a solution to run auto hotkey scripts to launch the games. When I exit a game my Bigbox , launchbox will disappear and move over to screen two ( marquee ) 

I have to drag Bigbox /LB back the primary screen after every game exit. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated 

Edited by ChickenGeorge

Windows dual screen setup does create issue for emulation set ups, that's for sure.

When possible try to run TP games at the same resolution as your desktop. You may need to get some patches for some games.

You may also need a 3rd party tool like Display Fusion or Dual Monitor Tools to help keep specific apps to specific windows and positions.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:01 PM, ChickenGeorge said:

Hey guys. So I’m trying to expand my collections with a teknoparrot wheel. Got most of the games configured in the emulator, found a solution to run auto hotkey scripts to launch the games. When I exit a game my Bigbox , launchbox will disappear and move over to screen two ( marquee )

What is the AHK doing for the game launch? Most games through Tekno do not need anything special to run.

Can you post what the AHK is you are using? Maybe something in it is causing some issue on exit.

Please see attachments. I took a pic of a few. The files are named specifically for each game. Placed in the teknkparrot emulator root folder. So no drive location is needed. Makes the install portable.  I still had to configure and point the executables in UI. Any help or any insight would be appreciated. If you’d like to see other games ahk in particular lmk 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I do not see anything in the AHK that would cause an issue. Launching TP games through an AHK and having it close through it could be the issue itself. TP can be a bit of a bother with frontends. Additionally, you do not need to make individual AHK for these games.

LB can have TP boot the game directly through command line sending the profile xaml.