LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne Core - Retroarch

Vader

Hey @Jason Carr would it be possible to add the daphne core to the retroarch arcade cores list? I got it working last night and would like to setup daphne games on Launchbox for Android. It's not perfect, because the core is not being updated, but from what i've seen so far, it seems to work ok. Only issue i've come across, so far, is that retroarch crashes when you try to exit the game. Also I've only tested with dragons lair, but I hope to try out other laser disk games soon. Below are some screen shots.

The core would be: daphne_libretro_android.so

One last thing, for whatever reason, it only seems to work with retroarch 32bit, I was not able to get it working with retroarch 64bit. 

Thanks

Vader

Screenshot_20220831-151620_RetroArch (32-bit).jpg

Screenshot_20220831-151550_RetroArch (32-bit).jpg

Screenshot_20220831-151538_RetroArch (32-bit).jpg

Edited by Vader
fix missing word

• 4 months later...

Hey  @Jason Carr

You can download it from this link: basic_Daphne_v3.zip - Google Drive. This is where I got it. However, this core is not without issues. The biggest is that retroarch will crash when trying to exit out of a game. So, you will have to force close retroarch in order to get back to Launchbox. Also, I have heard that some Daphne games might not work with this core. But since this core is no longer being worked on, I think this is a case of something is better than nothing.

Thanks

Vadar

Edited by Vader