LaunchBox Community Forums

Top Left menu just keeps closing (Odin 1.0.2.68)

Recyclebinhero

Ever since I updated to the latest version of Odin software LaunchBox has been giving me issues. Specifically if I open the top left menu of LB, the one with 3 lines, either by tapping it or hitting LB the menu opens really quick and just closes again. The same thing happens if I try and hold LB as well. I’ve also reinstalled LaunchBox, but it had all my old settings when I reinstalled it. Is there a way to completely remove it? LaunchBox itself doesn’t crash but the menu just closes rapidly. So I’m unable to add any new games to LaunchBox. Any ideas? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 12:53 PM, Recyclebinhero said:

Ever since I updated to the latest version of Odin software LaunchBox has been giving me issues. Specifically if I open the top left menu of LB, the one with 3 lines, either by tapping it or hitting LB the menu opens really quick and just closes again. The same thing happens if I try and hold LB as well. I’ve also reinstalled LaunchBox, but it had all my old settings when I reinstalled it. Is there a way to completely remove it? LaunchBox itself doesn’t crash but the menu just closes rapidly. So I’m unable to add any new games to LaunchBox. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. This is guaranteed either to be a stuck button on the device, a driver issue with the controller on the device, or something of that nature. That functionality, where the menu opens and closes, is just part of the built-in Android operating system. Unfortunately the Odins lately are proving to be very flawed devices with some significant issues with reliability. Sorry I don't have better news here. It's possible that you have a stuck button, or it's possible that they broke the firmware in some way.

I have an Odin Pro and saw this issue after the latest OTA firmware update. All you need to do is push the button that is ghosting once and it should stop. I've never had it happen AFTER doing that. I've also seen this behavior both in LaunchBox and in games I've been playing so it definitely isn't just a LB issue on my device.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, C-Beats said:

I have an Odin Pro and saw this issue after the latest OTA firmware update. All you need to do is push the button that is ghosting once and it should stop. I've never had it happen AFTER doing that. I've also seen this behavior both in LaunchBox and in games I've been playing so it definitely isn't just a LB issue on my device.

I'm not sure what you mean by "push the button that is ghosting". I've tried pushing every button on the Odin while in LB and my top left menu keeps closing. I did get that top left menu to stay open once while in Text List with Details view but it's now doing the same thing. 

Additionally I've noticed that when I go into a system with games in it it'll scroll all the way to the bottom of the game list.

According to gamepad-tester.com I don't have any stick drift or buttons registering wrong. I'm also not noticing anything like that while in games. 

Edited by Recyclebinhero

1 minute ago, Recyclebinhero said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "push the button that is ghosting".

Just mean physically press the button causing the issue. For that side menu you'd press the left shoulder button or press the left trigger and it should stop (or does on my device when I have the issue).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Just mean physically press the button causing the issue. For that side menu you'd press the left shoulder button or press the left trigger and it should stop (or does on my device when I have the issue).

Ah got ya. It looks like LaunchBox is reading the LS being pushed constantly to the right based on how it scrolls games inside a system. However I push the stick to the right and the menu issue still isn't sorted out. I also don't notice stick drift of any kind in a game or on any other app on the device.