LaunchBox Community Forums

In bigbox how to have video and screens on details?

Avadar30

19 minutes ago, Avadar30 said:

Notes and video of the game appears but Screenshots of game details are not.

What appears in the game details in BigBox is theme dependent. So what shows there all depends on what the theme creator chose to show. What theme are you using?

20 minutes ago, Avadar30 said:

Also custom fields working only on launchbox?

Custom fields work. Again if they show depends on the theme. What exactly are you wanting to see or where are you wanting to see it?

Pics are usually helpful.

I am using the default theme.So I suppose I must use other themes from community

Thank you

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

What appears in the game details in BigBox is theme dependent. So what shows there all depends on what the theme creator chose to show. What theme are you using?

Custom fields work. Again if they show depends on the theme. What exactly are you wanting to see or where are you wanting to see it?

Pics are usually helpful.

If using default to get custom fields to show in game details:

Go to >Settings >Options >Game Details >toggle on the switch for "Show Custom Fields"

As far as showing screenshots I do not believe the Default theme was designed to do that. I believe it just show videos and will show a screenshot in the absence of a video. I could be wrong. I have not messed with the Default theme in a long time.

You can copy the theme's folder and then rename it to whatever you want and then edit the code of the new copy to show screenshots in Game Details, but you would need to know a little coding to do so.

• 3 months later...

I'm nearly finished with my cocktail cabinet project. It has a 19" monitor with a portrait orientation. I purchased BigBox because that's the frontend I chose for this project, but most of the menus are stuck in a 16:9 landscape orientation. Not ideal since I can hardly see anything on the screen, I've tried installing different themes that say they support any aspect ratio with no luck so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated, 

Edited by cyclone8

31 minutes ago, cyclone8 said:

I'm nearly finished with my cocktail cabinet project. It has a 19" monitor with a portrait orientation. I purchased BigBox because that's the frontend I chose for this project, but most of the menus are stuck in a 16:9 landscape orientation. Not ideal since I can hardly see anything on the screen, I've tried installing different themes that say they support any aspect ratio with no luck so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated, 

We have 3 or 4 vertical themes, but not near as many as landscape since most people don't play vertically. I believe all of them are in the download section only though. I'm not sure they in the Big Box themes manager.