LaunchBox Community Forums

(Odin) Only displaying the ROMs that are installed?

Duke Togo

7 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Not sure what I did wrong, but for every emulator Launchbox displays all the possible ROMs, even ones I do not have installed. My end goal is to only display the ROMs actually on my Odin and I am at a loss as to how to make that happen. 

This is impossible, Launchbox has no internal list of games, so it only knows what it see's, so if its importing games then you have the games.

13 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Not sure what I did wrong, but for every emulator Launchbox displays all the possible ROMs, even ones I do not have installed. My end goal is to only display the ROMs actually on my Odin and I am at a loss as to how to make that happen. 

Neil is correct; LaunchBox will always only show the ROMs that you have imported, but maybe the ROMs did exist but no longer exist? Can you explain the process that you used to get them imported? Did you use the export from the Windows version or did you import them on Android directly?

I installed it on Android, and added all my games via the Android interface. Here is a perfect example of the weirdness. No matter which console I select, TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, SNES, the first game listed under the "All Games" category is "1 on 1 Government". I did a search for that game in Windows, and it does not exist on my unit or SD card. image.thumb.png.ca8ca4604f4be5d46b6b06b9e1a2a512.png

6 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

I installed it on Android, and added all my games via the Android interface. Here is a perfect example of the weirdness. No matter which console I select, TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, SNES, the first game listed under the "All Games" category is "1 on 1 Government". I did a search for that game in Windows, and it does not exist on my unit or SD card. image.thumb.png.ca8ca4604f4be5d46b6b06b9e1a2a512.png

Oh, I see. You're importing MAME, which is a little different from other platforms. If you check the box "this is a full MAME set", it will of course import the entire MAME set. MAME is complicated though because often you can't just pick and choose which MAME ROMs to copy over, which is why it works this way.

Ok, I will wipe it and import again without that setting on. Thanks for the tip and for the patience to answer (Still learning!)

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oh, I see. You're importing MAME, which is a little different from other platforms. If you check the box "this is a full MAME set", it will of course import the entire MAME set. MAME is complicated though because often you can't just pick and choose which MAME ROMs to copy over, which is why it works this way.