LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 11 (September 20, 2022) Update - BigBox significant improvements

Sbaby

Guys i recommend everyone to update.

I have noticed a marked improvement in everything with BigBox, very fast game loading and also game exits, framerates on 120Hz TV which is fantastic. Everything is more responsive

😮

Edited by Sbaby

• Sbaby changed the title to Windows 11 (September 20, 2022) Update - BigBox significant improvements
37 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

(1) PC, (1) laptop and (1) cab [PC].  All say the same thing. lol

image.png.851bac0b4d547a771f6db122a4702db5.png

🤣what a bad luck !!! 
It's time to do a hardware upgrade Joe ! 😇

However, since windows 11 came out I preferred to install it and to keep win10 for safety, even if in reality I almost never needed it, I have a dual boot, one with the old windows 10 and one with windows 11, both with the same username, I use launchbox and bigbox on both operating systems without problems ... I must say however that this update really makes a difference and works even better than the estimated win10. At this point i think i will make the definitive transition to win 11 💪

I have this pc for some years
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
16.0 GB
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

51 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

(1) PC, (1) laptop and (1) cab [PC].  All say the same thing. lol

image.png.851bac0b4d547a771f6db122a4702db5.png

My PC didn't meet the requirements too. So I forced a Windows 11 install on the first day it came out, almost a year ago. I did not get a notification to update to 22H2 yet, and I may never will. But you can download an ISO from the Microsoft site and with a minor modification (create a dummy file) it will install.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I recently updated to the September 20, 2022 Windows 11 version with the BigBox improvements, and it’s been fantastic. My game loading times have dropped significantly, and exiting games is quicker too. The framerate on my 120Hz TV is smoother than ever. 

• faeran locked this topic