LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox Mega Drive game box art/banner

MrXBob

This was driving me crazy for so long but I have finally figured out why my Sega Mega Drive games in BannerBox don't show my cover art images. They're ignored in favour of custom ones that already come with BannerBox.

Problem is, only Genesis ones exist - which means when I call my platform 'Sega Mega Drive' it doesn't see them, and even if I renamed the folder to use the Genesis art I would be getting - you guessed it - Genesis box art instead of Mega Drive.

Has anybody made a Mega Drive version? It seems pretty crazy that it doesn't come with the theme, or hasn't even been created by the community yet?

To be clear: I'm looking for the attached banner images with Mega Drive art. Please! I could create them myself but until I'm 100% sure they don't already exist I don't fancy spending that much time on it.

4353.png

There are Mega Drive versions available.

What you might try doing is in your Sega Mega Drive platform, select all the games then click Edit (or press Ctrl+E) to open the Bulk Edit Wizard.  Then when it asks which Field you want to change, select Region. For the Value, select Europe.  

Once that's completed, when you download/update metadata and media for those games, I believe it should grab the "(Europe)" versions of the images.

image.thumb.png.70373af5b52042caa561b9915dae394c.png