LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box: Change to single custom marquee/controller info once game launches

Artimus Maximus

Hello,

I created custom controller info marquees that I want to be displayed on my second monitor once I launch a game from Big box. The custom marquee's are per console, not game.

I am struggling to figure out how to do this. I have changed image priorities, refreshed caches, use default folder structure, etc. From what I can tell, Big Box wants to search for the individual game images. Obviously I could have a ton of copies of the custom images and rename them to each game but that doesn't seem very practical. So here I am..

Hopefully I am missing something simple or maybe it can't be done and I can just give up and stop banging my head against the wall.  Thanks for the help!

Marquees are per game. Always have been. 

Just need to place all marquee images in the proper folder. In your \Images\[Platform Name]\ folder should be an Arcade - Marquees folder. All images go there named as the game is named in your LB or after the rom name. If the folder is not there you can manually add it. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Marquees are per game. Always have been. 

Just need to place all marquee images in the proper folder. In your \Images\[Platform Name]\ folder should be a Marquees folder. All images go there named as the game is named in your LB or after the rom name. 

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

What would I do (if it's even possible) if I didn't want different marquees for each game, rather one custom marquee that runs for every game? In this case the custom marquee would be controller info I created for each console.

1 minute ago, Artimus Maximus said:

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

What would I do (if it's even possible) if I didn't want different marquees for each game, rather one custom marquee that runs for every game? In this case the custom marquee would be controller info I created for each console.

Oh wow. I completely misread your original post. The days conference calls have my train taxed. You would likely need to have a custom GameMarqueeView for the theme you are using. 

The default logic for game level marquees does not have a "catch all" for the platform. It typically goes Marquee Video > Marquee Image > Clear Logo/Boxes & Background. I am not at home right now to really look at it, but I think that is the priorities.

To do what you want I believe would require some code editing to make it fallback to an image that covers the platform as a whole. 

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Oh wow. I completely misread your original post. The days conference calls have my train taxed. You would likely need to have a custom GameMarqueeView for the theme you are using. 

The default logic for game level marquees does not have a "catch all" for the platform. It typically goes Marquee Video > Marquee Image > Clear Logo/Boxes & Background. I am not at home right now to really look at it, but I think that is the priorities.

To do what you want I believe would require some code editing to make it fallback to an image that covers the platform as a whole. 

It's all good, I appreciated not getting yelled at that "this question has been asked before" hahaha. 

I had a feeling it was going to get a bit complicated to do but I'd like to figure out how to do it. If you come across anything to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I will start looking into the coding aspect.