LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't find Saturn Beetle in the Associated Platforms list.

MattyC64c

Can someone help me with this please. I can't find Saturn Beetle in the list of associated platforms on Launchbox. Does it have a different name or is it not there?

And before you tell me it's 'Mednafen_Saturn', I tried that, but when I attempt to launch the game via Launchbox it tells me (after the Saturn boot screens) there is no disc present. I have Saturn Beetle associated in RetroArch and Saturn games work fine through there.

Thanks

Edited by MattyC64c

25 minutes ago, MattyC64c said:

And before you tell me it's 'Mednafen_Saturn', I tried that, but when I attempt to launch the game via Launchbox it tells me (after the Saturn boot screens) there is no disc present. I have Saturn Beetle associated in RetroArch and Saturn games work fine through there.

It is Mednafen_Saturn_Libretro. Just tested and it works fine through LB. 

If for you it launches directly in RA and not through LB then you possibly have a LB setting issue. 

Post a pic of your RA settings in LB. Show the Details page and the Associated Platforms page. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 11.11.12 AM.png

Any further idea's why this isn't working?

I'll understand if you don't know and I'm willing to provide more screenshots and details. As I said, I can make the games work, I just want to make them work via Launchbox and BigBox. Any further idea's or help would be greatly appreciated.  😊

Thanks.

20 hours ago, MattyC64c said:

but when I attempt to launch the game via Launchbox it tells me (after the Saturn boot screens) there is no disc present.

If the core is loading then it is setup correctly from Launchbox. What format are your files, are they bin & cue? Could be you imported the wrong file, in this case the bin, it's the cue files that need importing and loading to the emulator. Can we see a image of a games edit window, specifically the "Launching" tab.

4 hours ago, MattyC64c said:

Any further idea's why this isn't working?

I'll understand if you don't know and I'm willing to provide more screenshots and details. As I said, I can make the games work, I just want to make them work via Launchbox and BigBox. Any further idea's or help would be greatly appreciated.  😊

Thanks.

The delayed response is more a result I do not spend all day on a computer or forums versus not knowing. I would confirm what Neil asks and also confirm you do no have more than one install of Retroarch and may be accidentally pointing to the wrong one in LB. This is something that occurs quite a bit. It is most likely the bin/cue issue.

20 minutes ago, MattyC64c said:

Ah, I get you. Changed the 'Launching' to the .cue file. It's working now. Thanks! 👍😊

This will apply to any system that has more than one file, you only import the file the emulator needs. This is easy in windows, just go to the platforms rom folder and do a explorer search, for example *.cue will show all the cue files in the folder, highlight them all and drag and drop them to the Launchbox window to start the importer for those files.