LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform Images distorted

Joe Lewis

Hi everyone. I run Bigbox off an external drive, and in my new computer, the platform images look like this (all other images and videos are fine), but on my old computer they look normal.

The specs on my new computer are as follows:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Home
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Swift SF314-512
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P, 2100 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
Display Adapter: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Any idea what's happening, or how to fix it? Thanks

IMG_4836.jpg

This is only on platform images? I have to ask have you gone into the options menu and tried refreshing all platform images?

My only other thought is that maybe there is an odd scaling issue specific to your display resolution and that specific skin or some such. Might be worth trying a different bigbox theme as well to see if the issue is reproducible.

I do know some Iris Xe iGPU's have a known driver issue rendering WPF applications. I'd ensure you're on the latest driver from Intel for your GPU. If changed restart your computer and try again. If that doesn't work I'd try to fallback to Microsoft's basic display driver, restart and try again and see if it corrects it then.

3 hours ago, Whatscheiser said:

This is only on platform images? I have to ask have you gone into the options menu and tried refreshing all platform images?

My only other thought is that maybe there is an odd scaling issue specific to your display resolution and that specific skin or some such. Might be worth trying a different bigbox theme as well to see if the issue is reproducible.

Yeah. Just Platform Category, Platform, and Playlist clear logos. All the stuff that's on the wheels. I've refreshed all images, and tried different themes. All the same. Thanks for the suggestions!

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I do know some Iris Xe iGPU's have a known driver issue rendering WPF applications. I'd ensure you're on the latest driver from Intel for your GPU. If changed restart your computer and try again. If that doesn't work I'd try to fallback to Microsoft's basic display driver, restart and try again and see if it corrects it then.

That was it! It's a problem with the driver. I found a workaround here doing this:

Solution for computers that only have Intel CPU embedded graphics:
Download and install Intel Graphics Command Center. Add your application as a game and set Anti-Aliasing to "Always on" or "Always off". Both seem to work, as long as "Application Controlled" is not specified

I hope that doesn't cause any unintended problems with any other part of Bigbox, or the performance of the games, but it solved the issue in the OP.

Thanks!

Edited by Joe Lewis
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...