LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadata download

Browser Hound

Hi

I have tried to download some artwork and box images using Launchbox for Android. Although the program spent a few minutes to download and indicated a successful download, there is no box art showing for the games. After checking the data folder I found many .png files that appeared to be the artwork for the games, but, all the files are zero byte files. I was going to move the data files to a different directory, but every time I tried to move the data directory, Launchbox told me that there was a permissions issue, so I have left the folder in it's original location. Launchbox will not now let me download the artwork again because it thinks the artwork is already downloaded. The problem console is the Atari Lynx, the Atari Jaguar has downloaded the artwork with no problem.

Thanks

Les

When this happens to me i delete the 0byte files and redownload.

I also can't move much of anything from launchbox to an sd card withouth getting permission issues. management apps havne't solved it.

you can put your media on the sdcard - videos, images, etc. but you'll have to edit the xml files for your platforms to point to where the media lives.

i've also had luck putting the Arcade game files on the sd card and editing the platform xml files to point to the correct location, or import games from the LB for Android menu and see how it works for you.

it's often best the export for android from the windows version of LB and then edit your xml data files to point to where youre going to put the media files, then copy your files over to where you need them.

it can still be problematic depending on how complicated your setup is.

curious to know how it's gone for you since posting here.

;8P

• 2 months later...