LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Details Categories

Drybonz

If there are game details categories selected in the general options (publisher, series, etc) that aren't showing in game details, is this controlled by the theme files?  If so, is there an easy way to add more categories that you might want?  Thanks for the help.

18 hours ago, Drybonz said:

If there are game details categories selected in the general options (publisher, series, etc) that aren't showing in game details, is this controlled by the theme files?  If so, is there an easy way to add more categories that you might want?  Thanks for the help.

Not sure I fully understand, but to have users adjust what is displayed in Game Details from the options, that is controlled by individual visibility bindings set on each item within the code. Removing the visibility binding would force that metadata to show regardless of the user's options.

Thanks.  I guess I was asking if the there was a way the user's selections in the general LB options (under game details) could control which categories show in the game details panel, or if the theme overrides those and would have to be altered to show the categories that the user might want.

18 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Thanks.  I guess I was asking if the there was a way the user's selections in the general LB options (under game details) could control which categories show in the game details panel, or if the theme overrides those and would have to be altered to show the categories that the user might want.

When you say Categories on the Game Details panel, what are you referring to here?

23 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Developer, release date, file, play mode, last played, region, etc...

Ok, so basic metadata. Within the default theme, this is controlled by the user within the Game Details options menu. The theme uses visibility bindings to determine the choice the user made within that menu. Any theme creator can choose to utilize those visibility bindings to allow the user to choose, or not use them, and force the user to see the metadata they choose.

26 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

It's a nice option to have as an end user.

Yes, which is why I would encourage all theme developers to utilize the available visibility bindings, although realistically, it's the theme developers choice on whether they want to use them.