LaunchBox Community Forums

Error importing a MAME FULL SET

Mampato

Hi, first I apologize for my bad English.

I can't use the tool to import a MAME Full Set:

1.- I have a test folder with 3 ROMs for MAME 0.241 that work perfectly in that version of MAME but I also tested them in version 0.249. I've also tried dozens of other ROMs with the same result so I don't think the ROM files are the problem:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2.- I uninstall and delete any record of LaunchBox from all my disks and install it cleanly in my User folder and add my license file (it is annual but it has 9 months left):

spacer.png

3.- I start the process of importing a FULL SET of Arcade ROMs from the folder:

spacer.png

It shows me this error and won't let me continue:

spacer.png

I have tried dozens of ROMs (Merged, No-Merged, with CHD, different versions of MAME, etc.) and it always shows me the same error window.

If I import each ROM separately and assign the emulator manually it works, but I thought that with the FULL SET import tool I could save myself all that work. Or does it not work like that?

spacer.png

All the other tools to import different consoles work perfect, I only have problems with this tool.

Greetings.

Your pics show you are pointing LB to a folder with 3 roms in it and you are trying to use LB's "Full Mame Rom Set" importer. The error clearly explains what is wrong. 3 roms does not equal a full Mame rom set. That is why the error states "The specified path does not contain a FULL MAME ROM set".

If you are importing only a few roms you need to use either the "file" import option which allows you to open the rom folder and select all the files to import at the same time or open a Windows folder, select all roms, and drag & drop the rom files into LB. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, BCARCADE said:

Hi I did use what I thought was a full mame set with thousands of files. And I got this same error.

Were you able to resolve it?

Like I told the user you quoted if you get that error it means you are not using an actual Full Mame rom set. Where did you get your set from (do not post a link just state the name of the site)? Can you post a pic of the inside of your Mame rom folder to give an example of what it looks like. 

On 11/4/2022 at 3:53 AM, Mampato said:

Hi,

Hi I did use what I thought was a full mame set with thousands of files. And I got this same error.

Were you able to resolve it?

The Internet archive has what it says it's a complete set... I individually downloaded each of the merged files...