LaunchBox Community Forums

Ryujinx portable automatic updates wrong folder

DeadVoivod

I'm using Ryujinx in portable mode and everything works fine. Only problem I have is with updates, whenever there's a new update and I chose to automatically update, it creates a folder in Windows AppData and renames my old files in my actual "portable" folder to .ryuold

The updater doesn't seem to detect that I use it in portable mode and always creates a new folder, which leaves me not using the automatic update but download it manually from the site and extracting to where it is installed. 

Does someone use it in portable mode and managed to get it updating correctly?

Thanks. 

Hi,

I use portable and can update either with auto updates on or using clicking to update

Stupid question, when you open Ryujinx does the command window show you are in portable mode?

You could try doing it via command line I know I had to for some reason or other at the start but now I don't

I "think" the command line if run from the Ryujinx folder is

Ryujinx.exe -r ".\portable"

Good luck

Ps just tested here and working with the above

• Thanks 1