LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox issue with some Arcade roms

mrwasi

I'm having a weird issue where all the CPS I -II - III roms aren't loading in Launchbox but all the other arcade roms (TMNT, Demon Front, Etc) load fine.

In Launchbox when I select the non working games (Punisher), nothing happens. Yet when I load the non-working games through retroarch, it works fine.

I'm using mame-libretro current core.

Any help would be appreciated

35 minutes ago, lessthanzero33 said:

I actually started to have a similar issue with CPS games except mine all have severe stuttering. Audio and gameplay stuttering accross all of my CPS games.  I am using mame-libretro current core as well.

Mine work fine in retroarch.  They just won't load from Launchbox. 

Maybe it's your romset? I'm usin 0.243 I believe 

Edited by mrwasi

If you're on PC it's far better to just use MAME than RetroArch to emulate Arcade. RetroArch core has a lot of known issues because of how MAME works and it's requirements for the ROM to match the MAME versions.

I will say MOST of the time you see stuttering of any kind in emulation it's because either you're using shaders that are too complicated for you video card, or you have a refresh rate set lower than 60hz in RetroArch settings or your monitor. Audio stuttering is almost always a issue with you not running 60+ frames per second. MAME does have some ROMs with known issues. Those issues are listed when running via MAME, I don't know if they show in the core or not though. It'd be worthwhile to also check that information though and make sure the ROM actually runs correctly in your MAME version.

34 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If you're on PC it's far better to just use MAME than RetroArch to emulate Arcade. RetroArch core has a lot of known issues because of how MAME works and it's requirements for the ROM to match the MAME versions.

I will say MOST of the time you see stuttering of any kind in emulation it's because either you're using shaders that are too complicated for you video card, or you have a refresh rate set lower than 60hz in RetroArch settings or your monitor. Audio stuttering is almost always a issue with you not running 60+ frames per second. MAME does have some ROMs with known issues. Those issues are listed when running via MAME, I don't know if they show in the core or not though. It'd be worthwhile to also check that information though and make sure the ROM actually runs correctly in your MAME version.

I have no issues with tetrarch. My main issue is with Lunchbox not detecting certain roms

If you're using the fullset importer you want to point to MAME itself and not RetroArch as the emulator. This will generate the MAME listxml file we use to parse your set with the correct version information. The RetroArch core can't be used for this process. Without that install there to get the information you will run into issue where some ROMS may not be picked up correctly because the information we're using at that point would be outdated for your set.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

If you're using the fullset importer you want to point to MAME itself and not RetroArch as the emulator. This will generate the MAME listxml file we use to parse your set with the correct version information. The RetroArch core can't be used for this process. Without that install there to get the information you will run into issue where some ROMS may not be picked up correctly because the information we're using at that point would be outdated for your set.

I had to load the arcade roms manually. I don't have a fullset so it wouldn't allow me to proceed. Had to drag and drop the roms.