LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to Setup RPCS3 through launchbox

NaughtyPanda87

so long story short i am trying to set up PS3 emulation through the launchbox. i am using the RPCS3 emulator and the games are in .ISO format but RPCS3 will not recognize the games and i want them to load threw launchbox i have tried looking up videos there all 2+ years old so there outdated with the RPCS3 emulator and launchbox. some videos say to extract the game content i tried this but then launchbox will not recognize the games anymore can anyone point me in the direction of an updated video or something please i know my computer can handle the RPCS3 emulator i checked the specs required and my computer passed the recommended so kinda drawing a blank on what to do.

Edited by NaughtyPanda87

• NaughtyPanda87 changed the title to Trying to Setup RPCS3 through launchbox

Best way is to launch the EBOOT.BIN file (uncompressed iso file), so launching a game will be in the following folder:

LaunchBox\Emulators\PS3\dev_hdd0\game\BLESxxxxx\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

Just drag&drop your EBOOT.BIN from there into the LaunchBox PS3 platform section. 

If you're trying to run an iso file, I guess it has to be mounted first. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, DeadVoivod said:

Best way is to launch the EBOOT.BIN file (uncompressed iso file), so launching a game will be in the following folder:

LaunchBox\Emulators\PS3\dev_hdd0\game\BLESxxxxx\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

Just drag&drop your EBOOT.BIN from there into the LaunchBox PS3 platform section. 

If you're trying to run an iso file, I guess it has to be mounted first. 

thank you so much for the easy to go by information

Any tips on how to enable specific patches for the individual games?    When I launch games from the RPCS3 interface directly, it remembers what patches I have enabled for the specific game.

But when I launch the game through Launchbox, it does launch (hooray), but none of the patches are enabled, so there might be issues with bloom for example.  But launching the game direct from RPC3, it remembers the individual patch settings.

45 minutes ago, MacGuyver said:

Any tips on how to enable specific patches for the individual games?    When I launch games from the RPCS3 interface directly, it remembers what patches I have enabled for the specific game.

But when I launch the game through Launchbox, it does launch (hooray), but none of the patches are enabled, so there might be issues with bloom for example.  But launching the game direct from RPC3, it remembers the individual patch settings.

Must be an issue on your end, patches are loaded on my rpcs3 when launched through LaunchBox (tested GOW3 with the "Skip intro" patch).

25 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

Must be an issue on your end, patches are loaded on my rpcs3 when launched through LaunchBox (tested GOW3 with the "Skip intro" patch).

I sorted it out!   I didn't realize that for my game there were multiple versions of patches for slightly different ROMs of the same title, and I was selecting the wrong ones.

Once I selected "only show owned games" in the RPCS3 patch manager, I quickly realized that none of the correct patches were enabled for the exact ROM that I had.  When I selected those, they were enabled for the game correctly from Launchbox too.