LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box filters

vaderag

Is there a better way of filtering in big box?

I had some guests today and I have a two player playlist and and racing game playlist, but not the combined, and I really struggled to find a two player racing game when someone asked

In theory the filters should work but I couldn't find one for player count and most of them require typing which at least to me many things are non obvious

At the very least I expected those to populate from existing values rather than typing!

Am I missing a trick? Or is that it?

On 1/21/2023 at 12:06 PM, vaderag said:

Is there a better way of filtering in big box?

I had some guests today and I have a two player playlist and and racing game playlist, but not the combined, and I really struggled to find a two player racing game when someone asked

In theory the filters should work but I couldn't find one for player count and most of them require typing which at least to me many things are non obvious

At the very least I expected those to populate from existing values rather than typing!

Am I missing a trick? Or is that it?

We are with you in that we would love to see a more user friendly filter system in Big Box. It's on our long list for things to eventually look at.

For the time being, if you were to enter into your Racing playlist, you could use the filters with either Max Players or Play Mode to narrow down the list to just 2 players, but yes, you would have to currently type out a value, which isn't ideal.

13 hours ago, faeran said:

We are with you in that we would love to see a more user friendly filter system in Big Box. It's on our long list for things to eventually look at.

For the time being, if you were to enter into your Racing playlist, you could use the filters with either Max Players or Play Mode to narrow down the list to just 2 players, but yes, you would have to currently type out a value, which isn't ideal.

Thanks - I shall look forward to it!
In the meantime, at least I know I'm not missing anything :)

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, faeran said:

Hi, I tried typing in the value for Max Players and the typing works but I can't enter it. So, for example, I can type "4" but pressing "Enter" doesn't do anything. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

On 4/1/2023 at 5:40 PM, k1b0 said:

Hi, I tried typing in the value for Max Players and the typing works but I can't enter it. So, for example, I can type "4" but pressing "Enter" doesn't do anything. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Just to confirm, you are referring to Big Box filtering?

There should be an Apply button in the popup that you should be able to press.

If you don't see it, maybe take a screenshot of what you are seeing, so we have a better understanding of what you are looking at.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

Just to confirm, you are referring to Big Box filtering?

There should be an Apply button in the popup that you should be able to press.

If you don't see it, maybe take a screenshot of what you are seeing, so we have a better understanding of what you are looking at.

Yes, this is referring to Big Box filtering. I've attached a video for the issue. As you can see 12 seconds in, I can write in the value but I can't "Enter" it. Every time I press "Enter" after writing the value, there is a sound but it is still stuck on that screen.

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

I see. That's a custom theme issue with a bad keyboard xaml file.

Go into your LaunchBox\themes\[theme name]\Views folder find the file called KeyboardView.xaml and delete it.

Then open Big Box and try again.

Thank you ❤️ 
It works now