LaunchBox Community Forums

Manually add video snaps to LB/BB

Racor

Hey,

I am fairly new to Launchbox and Big Box and just got done setting up my library with all the media except videos.

Now I know it would be easier to have Emumovies premium but after purchasing LB Premium, I don't have that money right now.

I downloaded some SD Video Snaps for Mame from Emumovies and I am trying to import them into Launchbox. I made a new folder under Videos\Arcade and called it "Video Snaps".
Now I imported one video manually to Dodonpachi DFK BL and that worked but my question is, is there a setting or an option to point my Arcade library to the Video Snaps folder, so the games automatically have their correct videos assigned?

To change a folder location for LB right click the platform name in LB (on the left hand pane where the platforms are listed) and edit. In there you will find the folder tabs where you can change the path. 

Just an FYI...

The official folder layout so you do not need to edit anything is

\Launchbox\Videos\[Platform Name]

You just drop the gameplay videos in there. They must be named after the rom name or as the game is named directly in LB. 

Additionally in that folder there are 4 subfolders (Marquee / Recordings / Theme / Trailer) each is where you would place the unique video for those categories for each game.  

• Thanks 1