LaunchBox Community Forums

Auditing Tool - suggestions and comments

Knowcontrol

I really appreciate how powerful the Auditing Tool can be. I have a few suggestions.

1. (more of a LB suggestion) Now that Spine images are used in the 3D image creation, I feel that the Spine image should be promoted from 'Unassigned Images' to its own group like 'Box - Front' and 'Clear Logo' are listed with all the image choices (talking about the game editor window).
  2. This then brings me to request #1 - In the Auditing Tool would you please add Spine Image to the list so that we may audit our games for missing spine images.
  3. In the Audit Tool I am trying to audit a category of images 'Box - Front' for example but I see 2-3 or even 6 images listed. Turns out the auditor is listing any image that is set in my Box - Front priority list - example: In my box front priority list I have Box Front/Box Front Reconstructed/Fan Art Box Front/Clear Logo. Showing all these images doesn't really help - Clear Logo for example, it's not a box image but I have it selected as a fall-back just in case. Yes, I'm aware I can just turn off these other image types and re-run the auditor but that's quite cumbersome.

It would be nice if the Audit Tool got an overhaul to add preferences/options.
  4. It needs its own options/preferences menu to override the LB settings. This would allow the user to not display certain image types within a category like Box Front.
  5. There could also be quick options to show/hide columns to customize their window view.
  6. All image types should be listed as columns to provide granular auditing. (i.e. Box Front Reconstructed, Fan Art Box Front, etc)

Thanks for hearing me out.

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, bt04 said:

Love launchbox, but can't understand the purpose of the audit tool since it doesn't check for valid ROM paths and no way to delete the game if the ROM is missing.  How can I tell if the ROM (Application Path) is valid?

Tools > File Management > Scan for removed roms

Thanks, I found it under "Tools -> Scan -> For removed ROMs in Any Platform ..." on version 3.19.

I also found "Tools -> Clean Up Media -> For All Platforms...".  Both of these seem like auditing tasks since the purpose of an audit is to verify the accuracy of the information and resolve the discrepancies.  Perhaps these tools can be consolidated in the future.  Thanks again!

7 minutes ago, bt04 said:

Thanks, I found it under "Tools -> Scan -> For removed ROMs in Any Platform ..." on version 3.19.

I also found "Tools -> Clean Up Media -> For All Platforms...".  Both of these seem like auditing tasks since the purpose of an audit is to verify the accuracy of the information and resolve the discrepancies.  Perhaps these tools can be consolidated in the future.  Thanks again!

Yeah, they've all came in at different times in the app so the uses they were put in for are all slightly different. I could see it being a tad less confusing if we could have a single location for all that stuff. Something to think about moving forward.