LaunchBox Community Forums

Not entirely sure where to post this. error message

DrTy_Wizard

So I have two consoles or emulators that will show an error message when trying to play a game through launchbox. Dolphin and Flycast, both of which work on their own. Dolphin has worked through launchbox in the past and it seems like after I updated Dolphin is when I started getting the error message. I've taken a screen shot of the error message and Im hoping that it's something simple and can be fixed. 

Ps I'm not very tech savvy and just recently started getting into the emulator world.Screenshot_20230223_214143.thumb.jpg.6e0b3f7c43fd4dd6d8df33a9bb251b5e.jpgScreenshot_20230223_214210.thumb.jpg.f8aae9b36e4f174dccabb59cf903ba5d.jpg

Reads like Dolphin changed their activity name in an update. The activity name is basically what we use to tell the device to open the app. You may need to revert your emulator version, or wait until Jason get's a chance to look into getting it updated. You can manually set it by using a custom emulator, but I'm not sure at the moment what activity name you'd need to use to match with the version of the app you have.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 10:32 PM, DrTy_Wizard said:

So I have two consoles or emulators that will show an error message when trying to play a game through launchbox. Dolphin and Flycast, both of which work on their own. Dolphin has worked through launchbox in the past and it seems like after I updated Dolphin is when I started getting the error message. I've taken a screen shot of the error message and Im hoping that it's something simple and can be fixed. 

Ps I'm not very tech savvy and just recently started getting into the emulator world.Screenshot_20230223_214143.thumb.jpg.6e0b3f7c43fd4dd6d8df33a9bb251b5e.jpgScreenshot_20230223_214210.thumb.jpg.f8aae9b36e4f174dccabb59cf903ba5d.jpg

Check the beta thread here:

Dolphin has been fixed (kind of) for the next beta. I'll have to review Flycast yet though.

@DrTy_Wizard I looked into Flycast. I was surprised to find that we had never added it into the app. I tried adding it, but it looks like it only allows us to launch the app, and not to launch the a game, at least on Android 13. It just seems to be ignoring the game path that we're sending. Let me know if you have any more information. Did you previously have Flycast working? Or were you referring to the RetroArch core?