LaunchBox Community Forums

Achievement Badges keep disabling themselves

zombob

Using big details theme, I find that I am constantly having to enable the "enable achievement" badge.  It keeps disabling itself for whatever reason.  I can force the issue to happen if I make a software error, such as combine 2 selected games and then click on old one whilst it is still active on main screen. But it also seems to be disabled on software launch and other random times. All other badges don't seem to have an issue.

Sounds like you all aren't seeing the toast notification that is thrown when this happens. If you load into a view where you have unscanned games the badge (by default) will shut itself off and let you know that it did so because the data is inaccurate or missing. You can shut this logic off in the Options menu by going to Integrations section and picking Steam, GOG, or RetroAchievements and checking the bottom most box that says something to the effect of "Ignore the warnings"

• 1 year later...

I get that new games won't have achievements listed. Maybe disable the badges just for unscanned games? The fact that it turns it off, by default, for every game across every system is pretty irksome especially if you're regularly adding new roms, some that will never have achievements anyway. Or, if a user has a RetroAchievement account, do the scan immediately after import (or as part of the import), especially since roms are getting automatically imported on startup now (which is AWESOME btw).

• 2 weeks later...

After playing around, I realized that the mentioned logic doesn't stop the behavior from taking place, merely stops the notification from appearing. In this case, the achievement icons just vanish completely and silently.