LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Create a complete RA playlist to see what I miss

Hi all!

Yes, I am not able to do it on my own...

C-Beats suggested me to ask if someone is able to help me...and obviously who need that.

At the moment LB make an hash check and mark the RA titles. When I have few titles is not a problem if I miss 1-2 games. But when we have to manage 500-800 games, if I miss 100 it become hard to check what I miss. It is also a pain to adjust it but this is another problem.

So, what I'd like to use is a program that is able to create a complete playlist for that platform/s and so I can check directly what I miss or what I have to  adjust (wrong Regional prioritizing for example)

Anyone can help, please?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, xevious1974 said:

Hi all!

Yes, I am not able to do it on my own...

C-Beats suggested me to ask if someone is able to help me...and obviously who need that.

At the moment LB make an hash check and mark the RA titles. When I have few titles is not a problem if I miss 1-2 games. But when we have to manage 500-800 games, if I miss 100 it become hard to check what I miss. It is also a pain to adjust it but this is another problem.

So, what I'd like to use is a program that is able to create a complete playlist for that platform/s and so I can check directly what I miss or what I have to  adjust (wrong Regional prioritizing for example)

Anyone can help, please?

I am also interested.
In addition, the plugin should also detect the hashes of the attached games and place an icon to mark them.

Best people can do for now is do a side-by-side against the platform lists on RetroAchievements - https://retroachievements.org/gameList.php?c=21

In theory, a plugin could be created, as you can pull all the data/hashes for a single platform through the API then compare it against LaunchBox entries - https://retroachievements-api-js.vercel.app/v1/consoles/get-game-list.html

9 hours ago, retroNUC said:

Best people can do for now is do a side-by-side against the platform lists on RetroAchievements - https://retroachievements.org/gameList.php?c=21

In theory, a plugin could be created, as you can pull all the data/hashes for a single platform through the API then compare it against LaunchBox entries - https://retroachievements-api-js.vercel.app/v1/consoles/get-game-list.html

Do you know someone willing to program a plugin? I have no idea of programming.

@Merovingio To create Playlists in LB, you pretty much need the games to already be in an existing Platform.

A cheesy, not-100%, but pretty close work around could be done like this:

• Install RetroAchievement Badges plugin
  • Run the Updater as described in the How to install the plugin: instructions
    • This will create, in the plugins' folder "AllGames.xml"
  • Download/save this AutoHotkey script         Parse AllGames.xml to folders-files.ahk
    • Open it with any text editor and edit lines 1 and 2 ONLY.
      • Change Line 1 to the full path to your copy of "AllGames.xml"
      • Change Line 2 to the full path to a temp folder you want to save the console-folders/files.txt
  • Run the script from Windows (this is not a plugin)
    • This will parse the AllGames.xml file
      • Inside the folder you set on Line #2
        • It will create folders named after each Console
        • In each of those folders, it will create .txt files named after the games Title
      • It'll create about 40 [Console] folders and about 6000 .txt files total
      • Takes less that 10 seconds to complete
  • In LaunchBox, import these .txt files ("games") into
    • (Option 1) your existing Platforms. (Yes, one platform at a time)
      • (Option 1a) 
        • Leave "import duplicates" un-checked and don't import any media (yet).  Then any game in that platform that doesn't show an image (box-front of whatever you have set as default) should be ones you don't have.
      • (Option 1b) [this will meet the request of the OP]
        • Check "import duplicates".
    • (Option 2) new Platforms. (Again, one platform at a time)
  • [With Option 1] Create a new Playlist
    • Check Auto-Populate this Playlist
    • Set Field to Application/ROM Path
    • Set Comparison to Contains
    • Set Value to ".txt" (without the quotes)
    • [EDIT] Set (on the next line...) Field to Platform
    • Set Comparison to Is Equal To
    • Set Value to "the_exact_name_of_your_Platform" (without the quotes)
    • Click OK to save
  • If you selected Option 1a above, you should now have a Playlist of missing achievement games for that Platform
  • If you selected Option 1b above, you should now have a Playlist of all achievement games for that Platform

image.png.b1eb50604f8ec35e9512e04dfa859199.png

The caveat is that you will have oddball situations.  You might already have "The Addams Family" and it may still import "Addams Family, The".  And other similar oddities.

Also (with Option1) you'll have a bunch of extra shtuff in your main Platform.

Plan "B" is to go back to plan "A"...

14 hours ago, retroNUC said:

do a side-by-side against the platform lists on RetroAchievements

• Like 1