LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox shelled no sound

bisbita

Hi guys,

I am a Hyperspin user but, I am testing BigBox but,I am having the common issue with sound, I mean, when I launch BigBox shelled. The sound does not work.

There are many programs outside to do that, I am using Turbo Sheller to start BigBox before the windows login, it works great and bigbox has a very big potential. but no sound.

I know for a fact that this is a windows "feature", if you do not want to open explorer I am not giving you music, fair. In Hyperspin you can write a simple .bat file to solve this.

Now. How I can make the sound work when Big Box is shelled?

Thank you for your time.

Ps: I forgot to say that I am using Windows 10 LTS

Edited by bisbita

9 minutes ago, bisbita said:

I cannot believe nobody has that problem.

Obviously I could overcome that just doing the hidden bar/icons and all of that but, that way is slower and uglier.

If i had to guess, maybe you are using some third party software that is handling your audio output, and that isnt being loaded when Bigbox is the shell? You are the only person i have seen to have this issue, and i also tested it myself and had no audio issues at all.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If i had to guess, maybe you are using some third party software that is handling your audio output, and that isnt being loaded when Bigbox is the shell? You are the only person i have seen to have this issue, and i also tested it myself and had no audio issues at all.

Hi neil9000, thanks for your reply,

let me explain it to you.

if you start bigbox or any other program before explorer.exe, the sound will not work. I am not the only one look here -->

It is exact the same problem, it happens with windows.

In Hyperspin there is a tool called HyperHQ that allow you to execute commands along with Hyperspin launched. But, in Bigbox I do not see anything to execute commands.

Edited by bisbita

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

In LaunchBox you can setup programs to run with the startup of LaunchBox, Big Box, or both. Create a bat file that opens what you need and set it as a startup application.

How I do that?

Thankyou for your reply.

17 hours ago, C-Beats said:

In LaunchBox Options window, General > Startup Applications

image.thumb.png.e0eb1be054777bb5f945ef8ad4f41557.png

WOW,

That is very nice!! thank you so much.

I ve found another trick, but works in the same way.

I have added that line to the Sheller .ahk:

"run, D:\Arcade\Tools\3RVX\3RVX.exe"

I hope that help someone.